Marella Cancellations - Customer Service up to scratch?

1 hour ago, bishop84 said:

To avoid any confusion it is a repayable loan from commercial and state owned banks which has been guaranteed by the German government rather than a bail out or just being given the money. TUI will have to repay it to the lenders on the terms it has agreed with them.  

If the loan is real, then the treatment they are serving up is even more inexplicable, inexcusable & diabolical.

A company which we will never support  into the future ... even if they, on the back of existing locked in customers, survive. 

2 hours ago, WeeCountyMan said:

It sure shines a light on the cruise industries moral behaviour.

Maybe it will take legal action to get them to adjust ...... Suggest ALL cruise companies be forced to place one of their directors / owners together with their entire immediate family (Mom, Dad, Kids, Grand kids etc) on each of their next first sailings (for at least 7 days) when ever they choose to start functioning again.

That will concentrate their attention ...... 

On 4/19/2020 at 5:53 PM, bishop84 said:

To avoid any confusion it is a repayable loan from commercial and state owned banks which has been guaranteed by the German government rather than a bail out or just being given the money. TUI will have to repay it to the lenders on the terms it has agreed with them.

Somebody please correct me if my perception of this loan is flawed.

I took it to embrace the German arm of TUI - is the UK division not a separate operating entity ?

With all the implications that arise if this is the case.

Package holiday titan Tui has temporarily laid off 11,000 UK staff after securing a €1.8bn (£1.6bn) bailout from the German state.

Almost 4,500 travel agency staff and more than 6,500 pilots, cabin crew and head office workers have been furloughed, it was announced on Tuesday, taking advantage of a scheme where 80pc of their wages are covered by the taxpayer.

Temporarily laying off the staff in Britain was a condition of Germany's intervention last week.

Around 2,000 employees will be kept on.

Tui UK and Ireland managing director Andrew Flintham said: "The travel industry is facing unprecedented pressure.

So guessing that embraced both

14 hours ago, Calton said:

Yes I got the drinks and tips. We looked at the 4th Feb 2021, two weeks on the Dream. It was £6300 for a balcony cabin with the premium all inclusive !!

Well done - good deal

however it wouldn't do for us as we never spend much time on the balcony so have stopped booking them and a large ship full of children/teenagers is a no no for us too

As with loads of companies the world over it is unbelievably awful for all the staff concerned who are, and will be affected by this terrible pandemic.

In spite of this unprecedented event most companies owners/directors/managers, with or without financial assistance, still conduct themselves in a proud responsible manner, as this situation will at some stage, come to an end and the world will get to travel (maybe differently & certainly more cautiously) again.

However I would be massively concerned if I was a TUI employee hoping to have the same/similar job into the future.

As TUI's current shocking ineffective disrespectful irresponsible communicative behaviour will without doubt leave a bitter taste in the minds of the existing customer base, therefore driving future & repeat custom deserving away, leaving the  company (if they survive) a lot lot weaker, definitely much smaller and totally disrespected, into the challenging times the travel industry will find its self in, for many years to come.

Maybe the German side of the business is being looked after & run responsibly and the UK (soon to be out of the legal EU framework) the sacrificial lamb.

2 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Well done - good deal

however it wouldn't do for us as we never spend much time on the balcony so have stopped booking them and a large ship full of children/teenagers is a no no for us too

It is the first balcony we have booked die to the price. We normally go for outside. It was only another £100 each, so a good time to try it out 👍

2 hours ago, Calton said:

It is the first balcony we have booked die to the price. We normally go for outside. It was only another £100 each, so a good time to try it out 👍

And no chance of bumping into” Hyacinth Bucket” Win Win.👍

There are two separate issues here.

1. The cancellation and refund issue

2. The ability to amend a holiday/flight/cruise etc

MARELLA are making it near impossible to amend a booking ......... 

Logically you would imagine this would be their priority as they would legally retain all the monies paid and have a secured future deliverable.

Not for locked in UK cruise customers ..... 

I have been trying for over 2 weeks now to AMEND  a booking with no success ..........

16 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Calton - £100 a great bargain. Hope you realise of course that you have set the benchmark for future cruises 🤣

(well that's what would happen in our house}

It does worry me that she who must be obeyed will only want a balcony in the future. I feel lots of overtime needs to be done 😂

1 hour ago, Calton said:

It does worry me that she who must be obeyed will only want a balcony in the future. I feel lots of overtime needs to be done 😂

You will love a balcony, There’s nothing like an early morning coffee sat outside😎

And watching the sunset early evening with a glass of wine= unbeatable.

Have any of you complaining about refunds and credits looked at the other other cruise line posts? because I have and Carnival and P & O cruisers are having exactly the same problems as TUI/Marella cruisers in getting refunds, an inability to contact the lines and being offered credit notes So it's not just TUI the whole cruise industry is unable to cope with the demand

40 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

Have any of you complaining about refunds and credits looked at the other other cruise line posts? because I have and Carnival and P & O cruisers are having exactly the same problems as TUI/Marella cruisers in getting refunds, an inability to contact the lines and being offered credit notes So it's not just TUI the whole cruise industry is unable to cope with the demand

Carnival and P&O are not illegally holding my money TUI are. I suppose if your refund has been processed it’s not really a problem for you so a dismissive attitude is probably seen as valid.🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure have, but the customer service that TUI / Marella are providing, with regards to effective communication specifically, is beyond appalling.

In my case I am trying to HELP the situation (not sitting on the side lines just throwing hand grenades) by getting Tui/Marella to AMEND my booking to a later date possibly next year  ......... which is proving impossible.

THEY REFUSE TO ENGAGE with anybody directly. Frustratingly even for folk who are in the vulnerable category.

Including those specifically trying to AMEND bookings ....... NOTHING to do with asking for any refund.

Their online AMENDING systems are not, and have not for over 3 weeks now, functioned properly.

You don't have to be a genius to wonder why an international company the size of Tui with with all their resources and expertise would not IMMEDIATELY move heaven and earth to prioritise and commit to a functioning system that will speedily and seamlessly allow bookings to be amended online, thus avoiding all the engagement, work. hassle and frustration associated with refunding money.

Tui/Marella UK by their inaction point blankly refuse to do so, so the question needs to be asked ... WHY?

Well actually although I have received one refund I am awaiting another as I had 4 cruises booked this year but I'm patient and what's that got to do with my post regarding other cruise lines doing exactly the same thing as TUI?

Other lines' cruisers, as I said, are having the same problem contacting them to change bookings