Glitches on Seashore 2022 Bookings

JAGR

In case you are booking any Seashore cruises out of Miami in 2022, I came across a few snags that you may run into. 

1.  When you go to do a booking and put in your VC number, your discount does not always come through.  You may have to go back and repeat to get it.

2.  When you pick your room type and level, (a least for me when I picked YC).  It goes to a the deck level, and as usual, it selects a room and deck for you,  In both reservations I attempted to make, it defaulted to Deck 19.  When I selected Change Cabin, it allowed me to see availability on Decks 16 and 18, but when I tried to change rooms, it would not give me the room, even it showed as available.

3.  When I called MSC (I got through to an agent in two minutes, so of course I knew that would be trouble! 🤭), the agent was able to get my preferred cabin, or so we thought.  When she put in Pax information and clicked reserve, she got nothing.  When she tried a second time, the room showed as not available.  She went completely out and searched for a cruise on the month I wanted, located the cruise, and was able to get the original preferred room.

4.  On the other reservation, it went smoother.  I went ahead and did the booking where it gave me no room choice, and then called MSC and they were able to change it quickly.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on my experience. On the positive side, the YC room I got was $300 cheaper than my room on a March 2021 sailing coming up.

YC prices are usually the best when the sailing is first offered.  I've had many similar problems booking itineraries that were recently released.  Keep an eye on the taxes/port fees too.  Did you happen to ask if the deposit was refundable if you have to cancel?

Good question.  I didn't.  I honestly wouldn't trust any answer given these days!  Deposits aren't due until March, and it's only $98 each, so half what the deposits are for next year.

I had a Seashore YC booking and it was only $198 deposit, hated to give it up but I did because it was booked in 2020 and I wasn't 100% sure I could keep the booking and whether the deposit would remain refundable..  The Seaside YC I still have booked next Spring was $398 deposit.  Your post reads that you are able to not make the "deposit" until March.  Did you mean final payment?  I have only very rarely been able to make a courtesy hold with MSC.

Meant per person, so the amounts are right.  It was my fist courtesy reservation ever with MSC.  The deposit is not due until March, 2021, and Payment is December.  I didn't say I was not able to make the deposit.  I said it wasn't due until March.  I would bet I could make it any time.

I suspect that the reason it was not charged today was because the deposit is nor refundable, as your recent post referenced.  Don't know for sure.  I'm just guessing that's likely the case.  I will say that the booking information only mentions the loss of deposit in the shore window after 90 days before the cruise:

Cruises < 15 Nights
· 89 days– 61 days – Deposit Non−Refundable
· 60 days to 46 days – 50% Penalty
· 45 days to 16 days – 75% Penalty
15 days until departure – 100% Penalty

That is very interesting regarding not needing to make the YC deposit until March.  I assume that is about a year before sail date?  The cancellation penalty chart you posted is not for YC bookings, they (used to) loose deposit at 120 days.

In the U.S and canada - it seems cruise deposits  are still refundable in the YC  but onky uoto 120 days prior - 120 days starts penalties

WORLD CRUISE 2022 MSC Yacht Club
60+ days prior to departure Deposit Non-Refundable
(15% of cruise fare)
120 - 90 days prior to departure Deposit Non-Refundable
59 - 10 days prior to departure 75% Penalty 89 - 60 days prior to departure 50% Penalty
9 - 0 days prior to departure 100% Penalty 59 - 30 days prior to departure 75% Penalty
    29 - 0 days prior to departure 100% Penalty

i would check aboutyour deposit not due until March 2021 - @JAGR  

or @JAGR you can join us all on the transatlanic aboard the Seashore 😘😜

Re-check the MSC Canada Booking terms.

1.3       Cruises 5 nights or less: non-refundable deposit of $99 per adult or $198 per stateroom (based on double occupancy). Cruises 6-14 nights: non-refundable $199 per adult or $398 per stateroom (based on double occupancy). Cruises 15 nights or longer: a non-refundable $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy) is due and payable by the Passenger at the time of Booking.  For the World Cruise, a non-refundable deposit equal to 15% of the price of the Package is due and payable by the Passenger within the first week starting from the date of the booking confirmation.

https://www.msccruises.ca/terms-conditions

The US site only breaks out YC bookings as non-refundable.  On both websites the penalty charts still show the old terms where all but World Cruise deposits are refundable.

1.BOOKING PROCEDURE AND DEPOSIT

For all cruises (excluding World Cruise and MSC Yacht Club) a deposit equal to: cruises 5 nights or less -$99 per adult or $198 per stateroom; cruises 6-14 nights -$199 per adult or$398 per stateroom; cruises 15 nights or more -$300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy), is due and payable by the Passenger at time of Booking.

For MSC Yacht Club Bookings, a non-refundable deposit equal to: cruises 5 nights or less -$99 per adult or $198 per stateroom; cruises 6-14 nights -$199 per adult or $398 per stateroom; cruises 15 nights or more -$300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy), is due and payable by the Passenger at time of booking.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/Termsandconditions2020.pdf

Edited by Até

13 hours ago, marcoigna said:

i would check about your deposit not due until March 2021 - @JAGR  

or @JAGR you can join us all on the transatlanic aboard the Seashore 😘😜

Thanks, Marco:  I thought that was off, but the agent sounded so confident.  The odd thing was getting the booking form and it showing as confirmed. Odd in light of Ate's research showing the deposit due at time of booking.  I'll call today. Enjoy the cross-Atlantic.  We can't go, but I hope you find some Euchre players!  Take care.  Look forward to seeing you two on board in the near term.

15 hours ago, marcoigna said:

I would check about your deposit not due until March 2021 - @JAGR 

Thanks, Marco!

I went in this morning to check, and the status showed as "Open."  Paid the full deposit of $98, and status changed to confirmed.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Esv104 said:

Does anybody know if the Seaside is being replaced in Miami? Is Seaside moving to another port? 

I think Seaside leaves Miami late March 2021 to go to the Med.  Seashore comes in late November. so I think that leaves only Meraviglia and Devina in Miami when Armonia begins sailing out of Tampa,

Edited by JAGR

On 4/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, JAGR said:

In case you are booking any Seashore cruises out of Miami in 2022, I came across a few snags that you may run into. 

1.  When you go to do a booking and put in your VC number, your discount does not always come through.  You may have to go back and repeat to get it.

I have been finding this the past week on all cruise options i have been putting in. Seaside, Seashore and Meraviglia. Gave up in the end.