Cruise not searchable, but booking still active when I login?

I'm a price dropper, which means I check the cruise rate on my cruise daily.. This morning, my cruise is no longer available for search, but when I login to my account, it still shows my booking as active..  This is an August cruise.. 

Certainly others have been through this recently, any idea what it means? 

• Like 1

Just now, shof515 said:

it could be a sign that they preventing future bookings from being made so the ship can sail at a reduced capacity

I would actually love that.. The small boats feel less crowded anyways, this could be the best cruise we've ever taken!

I don't know. Im getting a bad feeling about what is going on in Orange County and LA with Gov Newsome. I checked Princess and a few other lines as well and they have nothing in August from LA bookable. Im seeing florida ports and other ports all available, but not LA.

Hopefully reducing capacity is the case. I’m booked on a July cruise out of Galveston. I knew it was 50/50 at best if it will sail.  But I checked last night and carnival is not booking any cruises now in July.  Only one Alaska cruise is bookable.  Not a good sign......

I spoke with my NCL rep two days ago and we were discussing the future of cruising and she said there has been talk about cruising at reduced occupancy but nothing was nailed down just yet.   I would think the cruise lines are wise to not book up to capacity so they can avoid the nightmare scenario of having to cancel some but not all bookings.  Can you imagine the uproar if passenger A was cancelled but B wasn’t!.   Oh my.

I am August too out of Baltimore and strangely enough when I booked on Black Friday last year there were only 3 available adjoining balcony’s. Just thinking reduced capacity as the final payment date is next week 

Thanks for the link. So the article says an order was put out by the CDC mid march ordering no sailing until July 24th.  Yet until yesterday Carnival was booking cruises for as early as the 1st week of July. As I write this, RCL is selling cruises for the for the first week of July as well.

So Carnival recently sold me a July cruise that they knew had no possibility of going?  I know I am responsible for "caveat emptor"   but that seems kinda shady.

sigh...........  

1 minute ago, JandJinTX said:

Thanks for the link. So the article says an order was put out by the CDC mid march ordering no sailing until July 24th.  Yet until yesterday Carnival was booking cruises for as early as the 1st week of July. As I write this, RCL is selling cruises for the for the first week of July as well.

So Carnival recently sold me a July cruise that they knew had no possibility of going?  I know I am responsible for "caveat emptor"   but that seems kinda shady.

sigh...........  

I hear you! I just emailed my PvP and this her response as my cruise is in August 

C61CFDF7-1110-49DB-8EC7-EE161DDA9CFB.png