Refund of Insurance Premium when Cruise was cancelled by Oceania due to Covid

china addict

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Oceania said that don’t charge port charges. Thus they don’t refund them.   Does not matter why they missed ports. After a March 13th, we were told we would not dock until a Miami for our safety. It might have been nice if they said they were sorry, gave us some OBC to help pass the time at sea, and refunded port charges. Port charges are only collected by ports when a ship lands.  

Read my previous post. 

The amount of your Oceania fare dedicated to all port charges, fees and any other non-commssionable expenses are listed on the expanded invoice that is sent to your TA for their use. You can have your TA contact Miami and probably get them disaggregated. Then all you'd need to dispute the charge with your CC company is the section of your T&Cs that says such refunds will be provided (rather than "...O reserves the right to change..."). Of course, though, there is no such section.👀

Wherever did you get the idea that "port charges" are only collected when a ship lands? If it was O's choice to skip one or more ports while underway, who do you think will pay the tugs, longshoremen, et al. who were left "high and dry?"

And, of course, it does matter WHY you missed the ports!  (Remember that "trip interruption" portion of your travel insurance - either in a purchased policy or in your CC provided coverage?)

And speaking of sea vs port days: have you thought about the increased food costs (primarily lunch) for ships on sea days?

Out of curiosity: Just how many ports did you miss of how long a cruise? Did you get any kind of FCC? If you missed something like 3-4 ports, I'd be really surprised that O didn't provide something!

In any case, I agree that Windstar certainly went above and beyond! Perhaps it will become your "go to" cruise line(?)

30 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Read my previous post. 

The amount of your Oceania fare dedicated to all port charges, fees and any other non-commssionable expenses are listed on the expanded invoice that is sent to your TA for their use. You can have your TA contact Miami and probably get them disaggregated. Then all you'd need to dispute the charge with your CC company is the section of your T&Cs that says such refunds will be provided (rather than "...O reserves the right to change..."). Of course, though, there is no such section.👀

Wherever did you get the idea that "port charges" are only collected when a ship lands? If it was O's choice to skip one or more ports while underway, who do you think will pay the tugs, longshoremen, et al. who were left "high and dry?"

And, of course, it does matter WHY you missed the ports!  (Remember that "trip interruption" portion of your travel insurance - either in a purchased policy or in your CC provided coverage?)

And speaking of sea vs port days: have you thought about the increased food costs (primarily lunch) for ships on sea days?

Out of curiosity: Just how many ports did you miss of how long a cruise? Did you get any kind of FCC? If you missed something like 3-4 ports, I'd be really surprised that O didn't provide something!

In any case, I agree that Windstar certainly went above and beyond! Perhaps it will become your "go to" cruise line(?)

My only issue is that Oceania said they don’t charge guests port fees and will not refund port fees for missed ports.  Oceania contract can change the itinerary. That is not my issue.  If Oceania changes port days for sea days and incurs extra expense that is not my issue.  They did run out of some items during the cruise. Missed 4 ports out of 6.  It was the cruise to nowhere.  Windstar IS my favorite cruise line. They have always done the right thing.  My travel agent is no longer available. The large online agency that he worked for agrees that port charges are charged for all cruise guests and they should be refunded. However, the agency told me that it wasn’t worth pursuing.  So much for that agency.  
Flatbush,  let this be enough of this discussion.  You are changing the issues.

we were so unhappy with that cruise that it may be the end of our cruising.