Best way to see Maho Beach/area from cruise ship

beshears

We are a group of about 8.  I was blessed to see the area of Maho where the airplanes come in.  I want the rest to see it as well.  We will be docked at the Phillipsburg (think that's the name), and I wonder what is the best/cheapest way to get to the Maho area from the ship?

If people in your group are willing to drive, there is a Hertz rental counter at the cruise port.  You could split into two cars and do Maho Beach as well as exploring the island.  At the beginning of March, I rented a car, and with 4 of us it was less than $20 per person for the rental and gas.  I downloaded offline maps from Google maps to my phone and used it as a GPS while on the island (I didn't have cell coverage, but it still worked with the offline maps). 

Edited by o-state girl
additions and gramattical corrections

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, crossfitmama said:

The highlights island tour will take you there for $40 per person, we were a group of 6 and ended up with a private tour. I'm not sure of anything cheaper. https://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/excursions/st-maarten-island-tour-parrot-sanctuary/

I didnt see anything about Maho on the tour description...did you just mention to your tour guide you wanted to make a stop there? 

We've stopped there on the water a few times before but Ive kind of wanted to stop in at Sunset Grill for a snack and few drinks.

Contact Bernard tours. I've used him many times. The van has a cooler with complementary beer water and soda. And his rum punch will knock your socks off. He always said he wants the cooler empty when he is finished.