excursion help

canes20

We were in Mahagony Bay several years ago and did an excursion. I think we took a short boat ride to an area that had a few animals on cages, couple of tigers maybe and maybe another couple of big cats. They did a presentation and could get a picture with a monkey.There were other monkeys that were just roaming freely. Not really sure what the excursion was but pretty sure it was a Carnival excursion. Any idea what the excursion was or suggestions on the best thing to do in April 2021. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

18 minutes ago, canes20 said:

We were in Mahagony Bay several years ago and did an excursion. I think we took a short boat ride to an area that had a few animals on cages, couple of tigers maybe and maybe another couple of big cats. They did a presentation and could get a picture with a monkey.There were other monkeys that were just roaming freely. Not really sure what the excursion was but pretty sure it was a Carnival excursion. Any idea what the excursion was or suggestions on the best thing to do in April 2021. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If there was a pool and you travelled directly from Mahogany, it was probably Maya Key.

If you traveled by road and then short boat ride it could be Little French Key but this would probably be independent, not through Carnival.  There was a very short window when it was a Carnival excursion,  I believe, despite the owner always claiming this would never happen. There have been many changes at Little French Key over a relatively short period of time so difficult to say what it was like when/if you visited compared to now.

you can google these locations to see if you recognize them.

It is difficult to make recommendations going forward as there is no saying what businesses will survive the current situation. 

Edited by c-leg5

Roatan was put on the map due to the world class diving... I believe everyone should get in the water, snorkeling will always be available.  

Side note ~ While I am an animal person, I am NOT a zoo person. :0) 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:00 AM, crossfitmama said:

we did the Wild On Roatan Tour https://roatancruiseexcursions.com/excursion/roatan-wild-on-wildlife-tour/ which is a wild life experience tour but no caged tigers, just local wildlife

Do tell me more about the local wild life you saw.. cause very few animals are natural to the island. Lizards, snakes, those rats things I can never remember the name of... a few birds, bats.  Lands End had deer at onme point but I have no idea where they came from. 

Daniel Johnson's sloth sanctuary is a really nice place to visit.  We went there before the cruise lines started sending people there and have actually met Daniel.  He was our tour guide that day.  He genuinely loves his animals.  If you are looking for a beach day, I loved hanging out at Bananarama.  They have an excursion that they offer.  Another option is a day at Infinity Bay that is also on West Bay Beach.  It is a good option if you need an actual pool and not just the ocean.  There is fantastic snorkeling right off the beach on West Bay down by the Grand Roatan Resort.

• 2 weeks later...