Final Payment if cruise could end up being cancelled?

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ok here's the dilemma for me. I thought I knew which cruise I wanted t oswitch to , but not so sure.

Cruise is September 2020 New England/ Canada  Non-refundable deposit. Large OBC attached to booking.

We already have another cruise on another cruiseline booked for September 2021 Alaska. We got a really nice cabin and great price and don't really want to cancel.We want to go back to Alaska again.

So it's not like I can just call up and just do the lift and shift deal and book a  2021 New England/Canada cruise.

Was looking at under the CWC I guess we could switch the booking to maybe a March 2022 Caribbean Cruise. Was looking at either 7 day 4 port cruise in Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston, Texas, not a great ship though or Allure of the Seas 3 port 7 day cruise out of Tampa, Florida.

But I come to thinking we really want to do the New England/ Canada cruise before we do another Caribbean Cruise, been there done plent of those.

So what if I wait until the September 2020 cruise is actually canceled? Would I then have the ability to maybe book the New England/ Canada 2022, Does anyone know for sure when that itinerary for 2022 comes out ?

Remembering I still don't want to lose that OBC.

Wonder what options we might have by September 24th 2020 when and if cruise is canceled? Just don't know what is best to do.

I can relate.  We have an Alaska cruisetour booked for July and had to make our final payment last month.  We have over 9K tied up.  When our final payment was due we were told if we cancelled we would lose our deposit which was almost $1000 but if the cruiseline cancelled we could get a refund. If the cruise is canceled the FCC has to be used by april 2022 and the price we paid for this is the equivalent of about 3 Carribean cruises.  Alaska sailings for 2021 are pretty much booked up already except for a few cabins that are not in our preferred shipboard location so lift & shift to next year won't work.  We will request a refund and try for 2022 but in the meanwhile we have to wait for the cruise to be canceled as our money is tied up.  If they do not cancel we have no option but to go and take our chances and social distance,  but it is not looking good .  Just wish they would cancel already. 

Edited by kitty1

If the cruise is really cancelled and you have received notification about it and after that you filed a refund - then you may have 100% guarantee that you will get your money back. The only problem is the timing cause its always different for different cruise companies and banks that operate with them 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What airline.  None of the Canadian airlines are offering refunds...vouchers only.

If you make final the only way to get a refund is if the cruise line cancels the cruise.  If you cancel under the 48 hour guarantee then you only get a FCC

Unfortunately this gets really tricky when air is involved.  You are best to call and talk to choice air

Thanks for your advice Ken! We have Air2Sea booked from Nashville, TN to Sydney for Aus/Oz cruise next Feb/March and paid $8K for flights on Delta (domestic) and AirCanada (int'l). If U.S. citizens aren't allowed to enter, wondering how they might handle our non-refundable air. Must have had a brain fart when I booked those! Would rather have our CC refunded but would only be able to use an FCC if we could get the same itinerary for 2022. I just hope we don't have our $8K flushed down the toilet! Crap!

3 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks for your advice Ken! We have Air2Sea booked from Nashville, TN to Sydney for Aus/Oz cruise next Feb/March and paid $8K for flights on Delta (domestic) and AirCanada (int'l). If U.S. citizens aren't allowed to enter, wondering how they might handle our non-refundable air. Must have had a brain fart when I booked those! Would rather have our CC refunded but would only be able to use an FCC if we could get the same itinerary for 2022. I just hope we don't have our $8K flushed down the toilet! Crap!

Way too early to tell on that one.  I saw that United is allowing vouchers valid for 2 years for any flights through the end of this year with no penalties

• Thanks 1

I finally went ahead and cancelled the 9/6/20 cruise and booked the Hawaii cruise on 5/5/2021. They told me I would get an FCC for deposit and put my deposit deadline as 6/8, I will then have to pay either the 900.00 deposit if I have not received the FCC. or cancel the cruise. I really am back to square one. I would ultimately lose the 500.00 deposit on the 9/6/20 cruise, unless the stars are aligned. I can't be the only one in the same boat. I just turned Diamond Plus, but if I don't get the FCC then I am done with Royal. I would think they would be falling all over themselves canceling a cruise of 1362.00 with 500.00 deposit moved to new cruise in order to keep a client willing to pay 4752.00 for the Hawaii cruise. Did I just fall off a turnip truck?