Television on Vista

Bingotommy

5 hours ago, Bingotommy said:

We were on the Dream in February and the TV seemed small. A neighbor said the TV on the vista are larger. Can someone tell me what size they are. 

Dream

45F79A3C-7E29-4085-959C-5829B8FFDD20.thumb.jpeg.610d5d85ff54d8228509395545eb0fcb.jpeg

Vista

110E71CB-AB87-41AE-91DC-C266C0E5E28D.thumb.jpeg.9693acb6638869d3481b49c0e75d5b25.jpeg

5 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Yep, I sure see a difference. Never been on the Dream, but the screens on the Vista were big. There's just not much to watch anymore, unfortunately. I love coming back to the cabin in the afternoon. I used to watch TV and drift off for a nap, but no more on Carnival.

That's true. On Vista class I leave it on the ship cams. They have some nice options and good quality. And if I want to watch TV the internet is good enough for me to stream on my tablet.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I was on vista and cant remember except all I could get was cnn international and temps in c. Not much usa news to be had.

They don't have CNN anymore. They have some form of CBS News. I don't think it's a real station. I think it's some sort of online news put on a TV channel.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They don't have CNN anymore. They have some form of CBS News. I don't think it's a real station. I think it's some sort of online news put on a TV channel.

I too would like to catch a little afternoon TV and maybe a nap before dinner, and am not impressed with the current channel options. On my last cruise on the Pride, I asked about the TV service, and news specifically. I was told by by room steward that the satellite providers had increased their rates so much it was no longer affordable. As for news, (I am a news junkie) I was told there were many complaints about CNN by passengers, and many requesting FOX news. They would not, or could not, replace CNN (liberal slant) with Fox (conservative slant) and so CBS was selected by default, and was a cheaper alternative. According to the steward, the current line up has not reduced the complaints he hears, and to the contrary only increased them. The said he thought management felt it had become a selling point for the more expensive premium wifi packages, and that they have been selling more since the lineup change. Now he said, their biggest complaints are about the need for more charging ports.

14 minutes ago, FiredogCruiser said:

I too would like to catch a little afternoon TV and maybe a nap before dinner, and am not impressed with the current channel options. On my last cruise on the Pride, I asked about the TV service, and news specifically. I was told by by room steward that the satellite providers had increased their rates so much it was no longer affordable. As for news, (I am a news junkie) I was told there were many complaints about CNN by passengers, and many requesting FOX news. They would not, or could not, replace CNN (liberal slant) with Fox (conservative slant) and so CBS was selected by default, and was a cheaper alternative. According to the steward, the current line up has not reduced the complaints he hears, and to the contrary only increased them. The said he thought management felt it had become a selling point for the more expensive premium wifi packages, and that they have been selling more since the lineup change. Now he said, their biggest complaints are about the need for more charging ports.

Once they get Vista level internet on all ships, I won’t even care about what they have in the cabins. It is a bit of a pain having to log out of my phone in into my tablet to have a bigger screen... But having my entire YouTubeTV package available is nice.

Edited by Saint Greg

The TV's on all the newer Carnival ships (Vista, Horizon, & Panorama) are all bigger TV's. Probably about 42" inches, and are mounted on the wall directly across from the bed. On the "older" ships they are all the small sized computer monitor type tv's that are mounted up by the mirror and desk.