Muder Mystery Cruise

Krazy Kruizers

The actors were nice and some folks seemed to think it was great, however, my 20 year-old daughter and I thought it was dated in terms of jokes, clues, etc.

That combined with the laughable ease of figuring out the "whodunit" (my daughter figured it out within about 30 minutes of the FIRST day) well, let's just say that while I am glad I tried it, I'd definitely pass on a second one.

Entertainment is a very subjective medium.

We are sailing March 23 on the Volendam. I read there will be a Murder Mystery group on our cruise. I don't know how many are in the group. I hope they allow "others" to join in the fun. I would like to particiapate!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how successful it was but the Oosterdam had "Murder on the High Seas", a murder mystery cruise Jan 14-21, 2006. It was hosted by or produced by Keith O'Leary and Margo Morrison who are creators and producers of "Murder Mystery Weekend".

What a WOnderful American idea.

Increases in revenues would occur as well the missing link what Carnival Corp has been looking for now... then Holland American would be brought back even as the Preception of a StoryBook and Mystery line... Disney did it before the Management thats there now...

Talk about having a competitive edge....:eek: profits...

Can ya hear us now CCL:NYSE

Me too! I think it would be a lot of fun! HAL, are you reading this???

I could be wrong, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree trying to get HAL's attention for this concept. HAL would only do "themes" with organizations that they have long-range partnerships with ... i.e., New York Times, Food & Wine Magazine, various musical-related themes (Jazz, etc.).

To have a theme cruise like a murder mystery one, you have to approach an organization that puts these types of events on, and convince them that you could guarantee a certain number of sold cabins if they would do one on your favorite HAL ship. HAL will gladly host just about any theme ... as long as it means sold cabins ... but they are probably not about to get involved in producing the event and having to develop the necessary specialized expertise to make the event one that is up to HAL's quality standards. Better to let another group do the event ... a group that has the necessary know-how to do it right. Then both that organization and HAL look good, while both focusing on what they do best ... the organization producing the murder mystery theme and HAL offering an elegant cruise experience.

Blue skies ...

--rita

So if the Oosterdam had a Nurder Mystery Cruise in January, I wonder why none of us heard about it?

And when those cruisers came back, no one even mentioned anything about it on these boards?

HAL should have advertised it - we would have loved to go on that cruise.

So if the Oosterdam had a Nurder Mystery Cruise in January, I wonder why none of us heard about it?

And when those cruisers came back, no one even mentioned anything about it on these boards?

HAL should have advertised it - we would have loved to go on that cruise.

It was probably not sponsored by HAL ... but rather by an outside TA who just used the HAL ship to run the cruise. It seems like the big provider of these cruises are primarily using RCCL ships these days, though ... so I don't know who sponsored the one you are referring to.

The way I find theme cruises is to just google the topic and add the word cruise. You should come up with something if it exists. I came up with a slew of them run by this one organization ... on RCCL, and then another run by a separate organization on Carnival. I don't see anything listed for HAL, though ... but then maybe I'm missing it. It was a very brief search.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived