When will Royal start cruises?

21 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Isn't this topic about whn Royal will start cruisein not about any vaccines.

There you go. A little extra info never hurt anyone.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3576414-royal-caribbean-aims-for-august-1-return-to-service?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=rcl-royal-caribbean-aims-for-august-1-return-to-service&utm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-3

image.png.07ba1d661468cc593b9ebcb10f64b70a.png

What if people refuse to take the vaccine? Are cruise lines and airlines going to refuse to let them board planes/ships?  You will always have a segment of the population that will refuse any vaccine, no matter what the current data shows.  However, viruses mutate.  The flu vaccine is not 100% effective every year because of mutations.  

World governments, the tourism industry, and many people on this board are placing ALL hope in a vaccine and I hope it comes to fruition but I highly doubt it.  The coronavirus is never going away.  It will become endemic in the world population just like other viruses.  There needs to be a combination of a vaccine and effective treatment.  However as post #48 succinctly put it, we can speculate about vaccines and the cruise industry but we do not know right now.  

1 hour ago, drlucy12 said:

What if people refuse to take the vaccine? Are cruise lines and airlines going to refuse to let them board planes/ships? 

I hope so, at least as long as this coronavirus is still killing people. If people choose not to get vaccinated, then they don't get to cruise. Not the end of the world. And I suspect that the vaccines-are-evil people don't overlap significantly with the take a cruise and see the world people.