Opinion Cancelled Cruise

beachtrl

Just saw that my cruise (Baltic Delights) on Star Legend scheduled for June 2021 was cancelled. Under the circumstances I get that this can happen. Now, there is only one cruise for same ports happening in August 2021 which we are tentatively booked on. What irritates me, is that when we initially booked there was a promotion which entailed $100 deposit vs the typical 15% down. One would think that Windstar would just transfer the deposit and honor the original deposit promotion.  As it turns out that is not case and to rebook they asking for 15% deposit. As this cancelled cruise was out of my control and as a long time Windstar alumni one would think they would honor the original promotion. Just wondering what you think or am I being too judgmental!  

Edited by beachtrl
wording

Our much anticipated cruise to Malta was cancelled, I understand that. Gratefully is was rescheduled next year in same time sequence. I wanted to re-reserve and I too had a special $100 deposit but WS now wants $1500 deposit. I am 25 cruises and 226 days with WS one would think they would let the special deposit stay in good faith and thanks for re-reserving within minutes of receiving the email that the original cruise was cancelled. At that very same time I reserved the Caribbean in January. I will do the Malta cruise in 2021 but I really do not want to give up all that money in these uncertain times.

Good will is good will. Happy Sailing we all hope. 

I have had 6 cruises cancelled and they still won’t transfer my deposit to a new booking. I have pretty much paid for another cruise in deposits alone which I have yet to see as a refund. But I understand that the financial transactions at this time may be a bit complicated. We have done over 40 Windstar cruises and just hope that they survive these crazy times.

I so hope they survive as well. For us the experience on the ships whether vacationing or traveling simply perfect. Learned this am that WS cancelled January Panama Canal my sister was on. I thought they were to begin in January. A mystery. Happy Sailing.

That was probably the one we were on as well. The yachts won’t be doing anticipated sailings till later. We switched over tho the Wind Star in late January.