May 23, New Communication from AQSC

diplomats

Dear American Queen Steamboat Company friend,

While there are many unknowns with COVID-19, it is possible for us to help protect our customers and crew, and thus enable a safe return to American river cruising by following certain safety measures and guidelines. To make sure we’re on the right track, we are working with Ochsner Health to address concerns regarding COVID-19 by using Ochsner’s Safe to Return Employer Solutions.

We recently engaged Ochsner Health’s Employer Solutions team to assess our business and provide recommendations that we have implemented to best protect all who enter our doors. Based on their feedback, we will:

• Utilize Ochsner Health personnel to oversee the pre-boarding screening process and assessments on all itineraries embarking in New Orleans supplemented with additional healthcare partners for other turn ports of call.
  • Engage Ochsner Health to conduct monthly assessments of the AQSC health and safety protocols and make adjustments as needed.

We know the last several months have been a challenge because of COVID-19, and we understand that you might be hesitant to return to travel as planned. We would like to assure you we have been working tirelessly to put the safety of our customers and staff first.

For further information, you can visit our Health and Safety page. If you have any questions, we encourage you to reach out to our reservations department. Any of our team members would be happy to help you understand the changes in our procedures.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Sending well wishes,

American Queen Steamboat Company

Suggest AQSC is serious about relaunching soon. 

Very interesting as I have not gotten ANY communication from AQSC.

We are on the September 21 American Queen from Memphis to New Orleans.

I booked with a travel agent but I would think I am still entitled to some kind of communication.

5 hours ago, adstz said:

Very interesting as I have not gotten ANY communication from AQSC.

We are on the September 21 American Queen from Memphis to New Orleans.

I booked with a travel agent but I would think I am still entitled to some kind of communication.

I got the email because I'm on their email list but I have no current cruise booked.  In my experience, if you booked through a travel agent, you will get no direct communication from American Queen.  Everything will come through your travel agent.