Aqua Class when cruising resumes

MSTEG

On 5/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, TeaBag said:

Absolutely!  After all, Blu is not open for lunch so why not welcome us in Luminae as a trade off for those who eat dinner in Blu?😃

Luminae is not open for lunch on port days, at least it wasn't on the Equinox last August.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:10 PM, Beeline Cruiser said:

I don't like it! We should get to eat in Luminae when they do this, right?!?

That's not how any premium service works.  You pay more, you get more. Just like those in categories below aqua do not get into Blu but Aqua can go to the MDR.  

On 5/31/2020 at 10:36 AM, marieps said:

I've never tried Luminae, but get to do so (hopefully) on Connie in February.  I know the Blu menu by heart.  Will welcome a change and a comparison.

There are pluses and minuses to each menu.  

On 5/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, bigbenboys said:

I enjoyed Aqua and Blu when it started. I liked the nicer towels, that shower and unlimited bottled water. What I liked about Blu was there was no set time for dinner. That was the main reason for us to book Aqua. The Blu menu is ok. I enjoyed having prime rib the 1st night. Rarely happens in Blu. To much game birds for my liking. I dont want to eat pigeon, quail are so cute. Same with lamb and veal. Dont get me wrong. If I was invited to a dinner and the choices were lamb or veal I would eat it. Luminae menu is much more to my liking. I can also order off the MDR menu if I need too, except the Edge Class. I personally only dine in Blu when booked in Aqua. Blu and Luminae needs to be open for lunch all days. 

I see one of the problems is staffing. One evening in Luminae I asked the maitre d where is Margaret. He said he did not know. I said I know, she is up in the entrance of the Oceanveiw cafe with the squirt bottle. It did not take long before I saw Margaret at my table.

I agree with you that Luminae should be open for lunch every day.  We generally are not on the ship during lunch time on port days; so, it has not been a concern.  If we were sailing in the Caribbean, it would definitely be a problem.  🙂

11 hours ago, begood2me said:

That's not how any premium service works.  You pay more, you get more. Just like those in categories below aqua do not get into Blu but Aqua can go to the MDR.  

I'm so glad since I paid for Blu, and the normal cabins can go to the buffet when I take up their seats in the MDR. I like to know that we all have a secure downgrade in advance! We should actually give inside cabins access to Luminae just one per cruise to fill it up. Literally nothing on the menu that everyone likes!