Hello Steve,  I purchased trip insurance 8/2019 for a tour and flights  The tour just canceled and told me that my money would be refunded except for the deposit.  The deposit can be saved for a future trip in 2021 or 2022.   I purchased the flights separately.  This is not a Cancel for Any Reason insurance.  If I cancel out the flights now, I would loose money.  The trip was for mid September 2020.  Do I wait for the flights to be hopefully canceled in order to receive my money back?  Or do you think if I cancel them, insurance would cover the costs of them?

Thanks for any advice.  I did email the Insurance company as well to see what they offer for advice.

10 minutes ago, cjcruiser27 said:

Hello Steve,  I purchased trip insurance 8/2019 for a tour and flights  The tour just canceled and told me that my money would be refunded except for the deposit.  The deposit can be saved for a future trip in 2021 or 2022.   I purchased the flights separately.  This is not a Cancel for Any Reason insurance.  If I cancel out the flights now, I would loose money.  The trip was for mid September 2020.  Do I wait for the flights to be hopefully canceled in order to receive my money back?  Or do you think if I cancel them, insurance would cover the costs of them?

Thanks for any advice.  I did email the Insurance company as well to see what they offer for advice.

Hi cjcruiser27,

> Do I wait for the flights to be hopefully canceled in order to receive my money back? 

Look in your airline's Contract of Carriage to see what your rights and benefits are if the airline cancels your flights.

> do you think if I cancel them, insurance would cover the costs of them?

No, your insurance won't reimburse you the costs of the flights. At best, it will pay the change fee. Look to see if your policy included "Itinerary Change" coverage.

Does this make sense?

Steve Dasseos

5 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi cjcruiser27,

> Do I wait for the flights to be hopefully canceled in order to receive my money back? 

Look in your airline's Contract of Carriage to see what your rights and benefits are if the airline cancels your flights.

> do you think if I cancel them, insurance would cover the costs of them?

No, your insurance won't reimburse you the costs of the flights. At best, it will pay the change fee. Look to see if your policy included "Itinerary Change" coverage.

Does this make sense?

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your QUICK reply!!  Yes, I understand what you are saying and I will look.  

So the money I paid for the insurance is probably a loss?  OUCH

I will keep reading and come back here with any questions. Thanks again..Cheryl

Just now, cjcruiser27 said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your QUICK reply!!  Yes, I understand what you are saying and I will look.  

So the money I paid for the insurance is probably a loss?  OUCH

I will keep reading and come back here with any questions. Thanks again..Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

> So the money I paid for the insurance is probably a loss?

Maybe not. Which policy do you have?

Steve