Changing Final Payment Date

stefyo

Currently booked on the Conquest in October, final payment due in July. Slightly concerned that we may not sail - has anyone had any luck having their final payment moved closer to their sail date (is that a thing?) 

Back in mid March I was allowed to move my final payment to 30 days before my June 27th cruise on the Panorama. When that got canceled I rebooked the Horizon for August 2nd and asked my PVP for the same deal, to have final payment not due until 30 days before sailing, which she was able to do. Now I don't have to pay until July 2nd. Now this was in the thick of things so I don't know if they will still grant this but it might be worth a phone call. Good luck.

I'm currently set to sail September. My final payment date was approaching, so I called and asked for it set 30 days prior to my sail date, since they had not resumed sailing yet and covid uncertainty.  The rep had to talk to a supervisor, I was on hold for a short period, but it was extended.  My cruise manager reflects a due date of 30 days prior to sailing. 

It didn't have anything to do with the shutdown, but we had our final payment date extended for our cruise this past March. We had a little bit left to pay on the balance, but we wanted to use some discounted Carnival gift cards that we had ordered. This was right before Christmas, so our delivery was delayed. Our PVP offered to extend our final payment date. He ended up pushing it back about a week. We had no clue they could even do that.

An e-mail from Carnival dated March 11 included the following:

Sailings scheduled for June through September that were booked prior to March 11, could be cancelled without penalty up to 30 days prior to embarkation date.

The e-mail didn't change the final payment date.

There may have been other deals offered at other times.  This is the only one I have personally seen.

Edited by bury me at sea

We booked through a travel agent (VERY hard to reach the agency right now); finally heard from someone but were only able to get extension (for September cruise) to June 30th; thanks for posting more positive experiences, think I will try to push it further!

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

An e-mail from Carnival dated March 11 included the following:

Sailings scheduled for June through September that were booked prior to March 11, could be cancelled without penalty up to 30 days prior to embarkation date.

The e-mail didn't change the final payment date.

There may have been other deals offered at other times.  This is the only one I have personally seen.

Thank you for posting this. I remembered receiving the email but couldn’t find it until you gave me the date. 
  We have a cruise booked for August 22 and are concerned that we may not be able to get there even if they sail. With the Canada/USA border closed and possibly being closed thru the end of July (with it possibly being closed longer) we may not get to leave Canada. 

3 minutes ago, twinzzz said:

Thank you for posting this. I remembered receiving the email but couldn’t find it until you gave me the date. 
  We have a cruise booked for August 22 and are concerned that we may not be able to get there even if they sail. With the Canada/USA border closed and possibly being closed thru the end of July (with it possibly being closed longer) we may not get to leave Canada. 

Glad it helped.  My best friend lives north of the border, in Quebec.  I wouldn't mind being stuck there during the summer.