Pullmantur Ships for sale.

aussie cruzer

Over on the MSC boards, they were wanting to take a long time with my refund, so I disputed it with my credit card company (American Express in this case) and got the money back in about 2 weeks.  I felt that I had done my job, but they hadn't done theirs in terms of a timely repayment.  Looks like the cruise line agreed to a quick refund rather than fight with the credit card company.

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Over on the MSC boards, they were wanting to take a long time with my refund, so I disputed it with my credit card company (American Express in this case) and got the money back in about 2 weeks.  I felt that I had done my job, but they hadn't done theirs in terms of a timely repayment.  Looks like the cruise line agreed to a quick refund rather than fight with the credit card company.

Yes, it may come to that. My understanding is that the refund offer is from RCI so regardless of the fate of Pullmantur in the Spanish courts, refunds applied for by the deadline (20th Sep?) should eventually arrive. If RCI is not involved in the 'new Pullmantur', I would suspect that all monies paid to Pullmantur and not converted to a voucher or refund applied for by the deadline will be wiped out along with any shares in Pullmantur. 

Talking of MSC, I am annoyed with them because I reached 'Gold' status (with pin to prove it) then had my status and points wiped out under the new scheme because it is a few years since I sailed with them. Thankfully, I managed to get a status match to Celebrity before that happened and which still remains in place. So I have a high status on a cruise line I have never been on and zero status on the one I earned it on! I considered a future cruise voucher for Celebrity but none of their repos appealed :-( 

I am sure there will be plenty of fish in the sea (cruise bargains) over the next couple of years..... 

I had something sort of similar happen with a MSC. I had accrued points from a couple of sailings and then I booked a short cruise out of Barcelona. Without informing me in any way, they changed the cruise from a four-night out of Barcelona to a 21 night out of Brazil with different dates and different itinerary. So they essentially canceled the cruise on me for all intents and purposes.

I didn’t want to lose the points that I had, so I contacted MSc and was told that I would not lose my points because the fact that I couldn’t cruise within three years was their fault not mine. Then they took my points to zero and told me to pound sand. I have now worked my way back to gold, but I had to cancel a cruise this year because of coronavirus.  We have another one scheduled for next year and I’m hoping we can sail on that, if not I guess I could potentially lose my points again.