Pullmantur Ships for sale.

aussie cruzer

21 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

Very interesting and thanks for sharing that. 

I won't be accepting the Royal Caribbean offer, if it is forthcoming, but rather wait to see if the reborn Pullmantur offer anything instead. Knowing we could be in for a long wait is helpful. My party have only risked US$60 each on the cruise anyway but I was looking forward to the Spanish vibe & wine, the Arabian & Suez itinerary, low solo-occupancy supplements, all-inclusive drinks and tips and having the best accommodation I have ever had on a ship. I have ploughed through the RC & Celebrity itineraries and nothing remotely competes, even with a 25% bribe. 

If Pullmantur 'reorganizes' and makes an offer to its previously booked clients, I will be all ears as I am sure their main market - the Spanish - will be. 

We're in a similar situation with only €100 each in jeopardy. Let's see what develops by the September 20 deadline, but I'll certainly be trying to push my other half to hang on for the phoenix to do its thing for all the same reasons that you have stated. Really it's Pullmantur or nothing for me at the moment. Meanwhile, it's only a shortish drive across the border to Seville for us and the best tapas bars and flamenco spots going for our money.

1 minute ago, Smurf2017 said:

We're in a similar situation with only €100 each in jeopardy. Let's see what develops by the September 20 deadline, but I'll certainly be trying to push my other half to hang on for the phoenix to do its thing for all the same reasons that you have stated. Really it's Pullmantur or nothing for me at the moment. Meanwhile, it's only a shortish drive across the border to Seville for us and the best tapas bars and flamenco spots going for our money.

Don't make me jealous. I used to have a house in Torrox, Andalucia. Then the tapas were free but I had to get drunk to have a good meal :-) 

"Pullmantur or nothing" - totally agreed. We will wait. 

7 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

Don't make me jealous. I used to have a house in Torrox, Andalucia. Then the tapas were free but I had to get drunk to have a good meal 🙂

"Pullmantur or nothing" - totally agreed. We will wait. 

Oh my! We loved Torrox and nearly bought there but finally settled the other side of Malaga in Coin. That was back then now I'm in Central Portugal and wishing I was back in Andalucia.

There are now three ships, including Monarch, waiting in the area off the Aliaga yard - our resident CC expert says they are all waiting for the highest tide of month (on 7/20) to go ashore. A pilot boat went out along side Monarch yesterday. Horizon is still at the dock in Piraeus, while Sovereign is at anchor off Malta. 

Edited by Biker19

Horizon has left Piraeus :-( 

A photo of the three Pullmantur ships together and being picked apart on the beach of Aliaga would be worth a fortune for decades to come. A sign of our times. 

Edited by Skipper Tim

47 minutes ago, Skipper Tim said:

Horizon has left Piraeus :-( 

A photo of the three Pullmantur ships together and being picked apart on the beach of Aliaga would be worth a fortune for decades to come. A sign of our times. 

Sad days Tim!

16 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

A photo of the three Pullmantur ships together and being picked apart on the beach of Aliaga would be worth a fortune for decades to come.

Horizon's just drifting and does not seem to be heading anywhere - the yard has some limits on ships at one time. Horizon may need to wait some more.

Edited by Biker19

I have now had the email from my cruise agent in the US and contains the same wording from Royal Caribbean as posted my Smurf2017 on 13th July above. Clicking on the form link and then the terms and conditions there are these words (Google translation):

"If you have a qualifying cruise booking that Pullmantur has not yet canceled and you accept the Offer, your acceptance of the Offer will result in the cancellation of your cruise booking with Pullmantur."

At present, Pullmantur have only cancelled cruises to 15th November (ours is 14th March), so we too are going to wait and see if Pullmantur 'reorganises' and makes their own offer before the deadline for accepting the RCL offer (20th September). 

3 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

I have now had the email from my cruise agent in the US and contains the same wording from Royal Caribbean as posted my Smurf2017 on 13th July above. Clicking on the form link and then the terms and conditions there are these words (Google translation):

"If you have a qualifying cruise booking that Pullmantur has not yet canceled and you accept the Offer, your acceptance of the Offer will result in the cancellation of your cruise booking with Pullmantur."

At present, Pullmantur have only cancelled cruises to 15th November (ours is 14th March), so we too are going to wait and see if Pullmantur 'reorganises' and makes their own offer before the deadline for accepting the RCL offer (20th September). 

Thanks for posting that Tim. I never followed the link to accept the voucher as I wasn't interested. Now what I read there bears out your post from 13 July when you said, "The implication is that your Pullmantur voucher will still be valid if you do not accept the RCL (strictly RCG) offer. Pullmantur may rise from the ashes with different ownership."

Now this is getting interesting. More so since we are still able to book cruises on the Spanish version of the website. Only interiors available on your cruise from Dubai Tim at a cost of €1007 p.p. We can even have flights MAD/DUB and ATH/MAD for €390!

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Looks like maybe Sovereign is heading in to join her. emoji853.png

I think the 'beaching crew' may have just being having a test drive.

Horizon appears to be meeting with Celebrity Constellation near Piraeus - the kiss of death or hello to a new operator? 

Edited by Skipper Tim

Someone representing Pullmantur posted the above photo, cropped a little, on their LinkedIn page yesterday with the words (I have omitted the Spanish version),

"Today the Monarch and Sovereign reach the end of their journey. A long time of sailing full of joy, emotions, conversations, stories ... a journey full of life; a great place for family reunions, vacations that thousands of passengers dream of; cozy homes for the large family of crew members: without them, our passengers' experience would never have been the same. Monarch and Sovereign, you will always be part of our company's history. We continue to work to get back in operation as soon as possible. This is our greatest desire."

https://www.linkedin.com/organization-guest/company/pullmantur?challengeId=AQFizcUndzZTOQAAAXN_4XKAqjX3ZC1e1-E13Lgyxcq8bqKjd_ISvSprFz80UhIoYt6bkuqoY7oBGUC-ifJAlNejlhNquHQ3JA&submissionId=9a9f37b7-0da2-2416-78fa-37acb0ce612a

The last part is the most significant to those of us holding reservations. 

• Like 1