Hi Steve,

I know that you have already answer a similar question, but I am not sure, if your response was directed to American customers or if it could apply to us in Canada also.

In short, I am covered for trip and medial insurance through Sun Life Canada and my Mastercard.  However, in both cases, I was notified that they would not cover Covid-19 related medical expenses.

So, we have a booked cruise in Northern Europe on Celebrity Silhouette in May 2021.

Assuming that the existing pandemic situation continues to improve and that the Canadian Government lifts its recommandation to avoid non essential travel and cruises, the only concern left for me would be, what will happen if I were to contract Covid-19 and required hospital care while abroad? I don’t want to risk tens if not hundreds of thousand dollars on  bills....

Therefore, my question is, do you know if any insurance company would be available to Canadians covering medical related costs associated to Covid caught during a trip? If so, would you be able to provide suggestions? 

Thank you very much in advance! 

17 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Hi Steve,

I know that you have already answer a similar question, but I am not sure, if your response was directed to American customers or if it could apply to us in Canada also.

In short, I am covered for trip and medial insurance through Sun Life Canada and my Mastercard.  However, in both cases, I was notified that they would not cover Covid-19 related medical expenses.

So, we have a booked cruise in Northern Europe on Celebrity Silhouette in May 2021.

Assuming that the existing pandemic situation continues to improve and that the Canadian Government lifts its recommandation to avoid non essential travel and cruises, the only concern left for me would be, what will happen if I were to contract Covid-19 and required hospital care while abroad? I don’t want to risk tens if not hundreds of thousand dollars on  bills....

Therefore, my question is, do you know if any insurance company would be available to Canadians covering medical related costs associated to Covid caught during a trip? If so, would you be able to provide suggestions? 

Thank you very much in advance! 

Hi cachouonacruise,

My responses are only for United States residents.

Good luck finding the right answer. I understand the major differences between Canadian and USA travel insurance plans. I have another website called www.SnowBirdInsurance.com that I created specifically for Canadian Snowbirds.

Canadians used to account for about 1/3 of my business until 2016. In 2016, your Province (Quebec) stopped US trip cancellation companies from offering their plans to its residents. In 2018, the other Provinces did the same.

Steve Dasseos

42 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi cachouonacruise,

My responses are only for United States residents.

Good luck finding the right answer. I understand the major differences between Canadian and USA travel insurance plans. I have another website called www.SnowBirdInsurance.com that I created specifically for Canadian Snowbirds.

Canadians used to account for about 1/3 of my business until 2016. In 2016, your Province (Quebec) stopped US trip cancellation companies from offering their plans to its residents. In 2018, the other Provinces did the same.

Steve Dasseos

Thank-you very much Steve for taking the time to reply.

I believe I will need quite a bit of good luck to be able to go on this May 2021 cruise.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!