BEWARE - Viking 125% FCV for Viking Canceled Cruise

SM77

16 hours ago, hersheyhughes said:

We were 3 days away from getting on Viking Jupiter in Buenos Aires, when it was cancelled.

We cannot wait to sail with Viking again in the very near future.

Sigh, that was our last VOC - last December - it was an incredible experience.  We (or Viking) have canceled three cruises through April 2021.  We do have one booked for October 2021 - Viking Ukraine river cruise - we are cautiously hopeful but have decided not to book anything else for now.  I told my husband that I was missing the pampering that I got while on the Jupiter.  We too cannot wait to sail w/ Viking again.  

I'm sure that most travel agents are honest, and seek to  keep customer trust and business. With years of repeat service. 

But, the industry is competitive. Like automobile sales people, there's always some additional incentive / credit / special offered when business is a little slow or there''s a hard deadline.  It never hurts to ask for just a little more help in getting every incentive.

I hear and understand your point @ Cienfuegos.

Unfortunately, I have not found a good and trustworthy agent.  My last one was more like a used car salesperson than a professional travel advisor.... (and lazy to boot)

But I would suggest that buying/booking a cruise should not feel like buying a (used) car.

12 hours ago, Homerody said:

I hear and understand your point @ Cienfuegos.

Unfortunately, I have not found a good and trustworthy agent.  My last one was more like a used car salesperson than a professional travel advisor.... (and lazy to boot)

But I would suggest that buying/booking a cruise should not feel like buying a (used) car.

Yes, it should not feel that way. And a good line and agent will assure it doesn't.