Scenic South of France 11 day - Itinerary

Hi everyone, 

My husband and I are going on our first river cruise in July 2021. The 11 day South of France Lyon-Lyon on the Scenic Sapphire. 

I am looking for the daily itinerary guests receive on board. Does anyone have a recent one they can post? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi the itinerary is on the website and in the brochure. We did this cruise two years ago for the second time but then it was 14 days so my info would be out of date. They do tend to follow what is advertised and only change if needed to by circumstances. There are usually added bits and pieces. We had a presentation on board in Lyon from the second silk atelier in France the most superb scarves very interesting. The cooking bit is well worth it very interesting. It’s a great cruise. CA 

Canal Archive - I realize I can find the itinerary on the Scenic website, but I am looking for the more detailed itinerary you get once on board and it shows all the daily excursions, the times the excursions are, when you're sailing to each little town, etc.

It doesn't matter if it's slightly outdated as long as the stops along the way and the ship are the same.

We are very excited to go and it sounds like it's an amazing cruise.

Times can change quickly, there is a lot involved sailing on the rivers - delays at locks being one of the main ones.  Most tours will leave around 8:30 in the morning, back in time for lunch onboard the ship, then back out around 1:00 for the afternoon tour and back in time for a quick "refresher" before dinner.  

If this is your first river cruise, may I suggest reading the pinned articles on the top of the boards.  River cruising is like ocean cruising as in you are on a boat, and sailing on water...but other than that, they are like apples & tomatoes...both in the fruit family, both red, but very different.  It's always wise to do lots of research to know what you are getting into so you won't be disappointed.  There will be changes with Covid, but hopefully the lines are able to keep the experience enjoyable.

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.cf82318af21bc92a3d28abb263117a8e.jpeg

Here is how close you get to the bridge in Avignon, taken on board in the middle of the river, afternoon drink and nibbles on the front deck.
Each evening before dinner the cruise Director holds a port talk in the lounge where everything for the next day is discussed. You would have been asked to decide on two or three excursions before you go and a few more on your first evening, don’t worry if at the last minute you decide to change you will be able to. The first time we did this cruise we got to the fourth day before we got a lie in! Greeted by cheers when the cruise director told use the night before. CA