Silver Dawn delayed?

drron29

We had hoped to transfer our booking on the inaugural Moon TA this October to the similiar TA on the Silver Dawn scheduled for 9th november next year out of Barcelona-wanted the cruise before the TA which is out of Lisbon.However was checking for any news on the Silver Moon and whether she has had any further delay when I came across this.

• Silversea Cruises
  • Silver Moon (596 - October 2020) Fincantieri Genova (Sister ship of Silver Muse but with a different internal layout)
  • Silver Dawn (592 - November 2021) Fincantieri
  • Unnamed vessel (592 - 2022) Fincantieri (Option to build)
  • Unnamed vessel (592 - 2023) Fincantieri (Option to build)
  • Unnamed first "Evolution" class ship ( - 2022) Meyer Werft (Agreement to build)
  • Unnamed second "Evolution" class ship ( - ) Meyer Werft (Agreement to build)

http://www.cybercruises.com/orderbook.htm

So it doesn't seem it will be sailing from Barcelona on schedule.And as it is our policy not to sail on maiden voyages a new plan is needed.So hopefully getting back on board the Silver Moon in Feb 2022 to cruise 3 segments Singapore to Athens.

Edited by drron29

I think that is still the original schedule for the Dawn as she was scheduled to release in November, ‘21.  I don’t believe SS plans to use the two Fincantieri options either as they have already announced and reconfirmed the Meyer Weft contracts for the new class of ships.

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

There you go again 😉

Haha!  I know, I know.  

I think maybe since I knew the Dawn’s launch was to be later in the season than the Moon’s launch, I just assumed the November date was correct since the Moon had been changed to October.  But, in all actuality, I stick with my original apology... who knows what I was thinking? 😆

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, cece50 said:

Thanks for sharing pics of the Dawn.  We are hoping she sails the Med in 2022. If she does, we are onboard.  Hope springs eternal. 

My guess would be that many of us will be sailing again by summer of '22.

If we aren't, it'll be because there are no longer any cruise lines with which to sail.

Please not!

• Like 1