MSC Internet Packages

Kevin79

I sailed last under the old internet packages. Does anyone know if the "# devices packages" include general browsing e.g. news websites or do you need to get the streaming packages in order to brows anything that may have video packages? The descriptions aren't completely clear and I can't trust that I'll have full EU mobile phone roaming rights (in or close to land) after the 31st December... ☹️ (on a western Euro cruise). This is so not a keeping in touch with work thing, I enjoy keeping up with news and also watching youtube clips etc. My holiday, my relaxation.

image.png.245b3094ac2720225cf88f85d146ec2c.png

or

image.png.7fc400887fdc729eeb3939391fccbc5b.png

• 11 months later...

How fast or slow is the MSC internet packages?  Will the Browse & Stream package render web pages faster than the Browse package? 

What about the 1 device package. Can I use my phone while roaming the ship, but switch to an Ipad when in the cabin, only have one device connected at a time?

1 hour ago, Explorer525 said:

How fast or slow is the MSC internet packages?  Will the Browse & Stream package render web pages faster than the Browse package? 

What about the 1 device package. Can I use my phone while roaming the ship, but switch to an Ipad when in the cabin, only have one device connected at a time?

I've never had a particularly impressive connection on whatever cruise I've been on, with whatever cruise line.  I've gotten used to the idea that I'm supposed to be vacationing, not logging in to Facebook or downloading Instagram videos.

But, to each his own.

Even if you get the full stream account, it's probably still going to only be slightly better than when logged on to the internet and had to listen to the sound of a fax modem dialiing.

As to sharing an account between devices, a few uses who have been there have commented previously that the first login will record your IP address and reject any logins from any other devices.

I'm also curious about this. In particular, do either of the packages allow for uploading files? I'm on the October 2nd sailing on Meraviglia out of Miami. I may have do some work during the week which would require uploading files (5-25mb avg.) and accessing a freelance site. It was slow on NCL but I made it work, just curious what to expect from MSC. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Chrisfromco said:

I'm also curious about this. In particular, do either of the packages allow for uploading files? I'm on the October 2nd sailing on Meraviglia out of Miami. I may have do some work during the week which would require uploading files (5-25mb avg.) and accessing a freelance site. It was slow on NCL but I made it work, just curious what to expect from MSC. Thanks!

Yeah I had to do that from Princess once.  It takes a while but usually works fine, and I was uploading full fidelity wav files.  

• Thanks 1