Rapid COVID-19 testing prior to boarding a possibility

Lupush

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

We just don't know anywhere enough about reinfection antibody-based immunity or resistance yet.  In general we are still practicing varying degrees of lockdown so I would expect people who got sick to be even more cautious after recovery.

There was some indication that there is antibody immunity, but that it may degrade more rapidly than other antibody immunity. And there is some evidence of multiple strains.  That sounds very flu-like.  If we can achieve a vaccine that has the same efficacy as the flu vaccine, required every year to maintain protection, I think that would be adequate and place more control back in each person's hands.  especially if it means a weaker set of symptoms if I still catch it, and a much lower chance it is serious enough for hospitalization or risk of death.  Like the flu.  I think we could all resume normal life with that.  

The implications makes the containment-mitigation very very complicated and it is a disservice the experts not to share this complexity with the general public but to position things so simplistically that the shutdown and bending the curve messaging was completely lost on the expected results and continued required mitigation.

3 hours ago, chipmaster said:

The implications makes the containment-mitigation very very complicated and it is a disservice the experts not to share this complexity with the general public but to position things so simplistically that the shutdown and bending the curve messaging was completely lost on the expected results and continued required mitigation.

Agree! people think the rules keep changing.  They're not, it's just a step at a time.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no such thing as a 100% guaranteed rapid test. and are you going to do this at each port when workers and passengers change. Good old rubbish reporting again. Boat Seller above comment is spot on