Changed Port and Date and Itinerary - Sunrise

cellfree

Our late October cruise was moved from FLL to departing MIA and there is a date and itinerary change also. The email we got from Carnivals said our Cabin will remain the same although  I do wonder about that. Will I receive an email from Carnival once they have it all figured out or will it just show up on my Planner with the new information? Right now it has completely disappeared from Planner. And perhaps this is all mute as November cruises may or may not go out. But would like to know more than I do now so I can make plans surrounding cruise.

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Our late October cruise was moved from FLL to departing MIA and there is a date and itinerary change also. The email we got from Carnivals said our Cabin will remain the same although  I do wonder about that. Will I receive an email from Carnival once they have it all figured out or will it just show up on my Planner with the new information? Right now it has completely disappeared from Planner. And perhaps this is all mute as November cruises may or may not go out. But would like to know more than I do now so I can make plans surrounding cruise.

Good Luck! 

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

We were booked on the Breeze for 3/27/21 and received a notice from Carnival that it would be switching to the Magic for the same dates - only it would leave from Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale with the same itinerary.     They said in the email that they would reassign our room equal to what we had booked on the Breeze.    Our Breeze booking disappeared for a while and then showed up with the same booking number but on the Magic and the room number was the same as on the Breeze.    I would keep watching your planner for it to show up there.     And hopefully you will be able to sail.    Stay healthy!!

A day at a time as to whether or not we sail - I am disappointed we have to give up the Ft Lauderdale Port - just quicker in and out for us for a five night cruise - would not be too sad if cancelled - will wait it out.

Maryandmarge, we too (I actually forget what date we were to sail - so many cancellations) were booked on the Breeze out of Fort Lauderdale for eight nights. And the Breeze was moved to Port Canaveral and our cruise was cancelled. I have read nothing but good reports on the Breeze and having been on both Dream and Magic was really looking forward to our Breeze cruise. Maybe another time.

July 23 was the date I got email saying departure port and date and itinerary is being changed. As of today August 13 I have not heard anything. Sunrise cruise was originally October 31. Has anyone who was on the Sunrise out of FLL heard anything from Carnival yet? Letter said they have until August 23 to be in contact. Sure would like an update sooner. Maybe it is too early to expect anything.

34 minutes ago, cellfree said:

July 23 was the date I got email saying departure port and date and itinerary is being changed. As of today August 13 I have not heard anything. Sunrise cruise was originally October 31. Has anyone who was on the Sunrise out of FLL heard anything from Carnival yet? Letter said they have until August 23 to be in contact. Sure would like an update sooner. Maybe it is too early to expect anything.

We're booked on that cruise too. Final payment is due on Aug. 17, so what do we do? No way to pay online with cruise not showing up in Manager. I tried to add it back in, but no luck. The email I got concerning final payment had this:

Ship/ Sail Date: Carnival Sunrise — 11/02/2020 

So I'm going to assume that's the new sail date.  Guess I'll try to call and see if I can make final payment that way. We're retired and live on the west coast of FL, so timing is not a big deal for us. We just want to be on a ship again!

Edited by beachbum6264

I called PVP and got final payment delayed until August 25. November 2 sounds good. We too live on west coast and are retired so drive to port. Am disappointed though changed from FLL to MIA and chose cruise because of private island. Will make final decision once I see new itinerary. Even after that might wait it out in case it would be cancelled. $300 OBC wouldn’t be a bad deal if Carnival offers what it has in the past. We too are anxious to get on a ship. Have three cruises booked first three months of 2021. Surely by then!

Our cruise on Sunrise for early December has been moved to MIA too.  Just received notification about 3 weeks ago.  Our letter also said that we would be notified of the actual days of the cruise give or take 2-7 days from the original sail date by Aug 23rd.  Can't wait for next week to get here so I find out where we are going.  For us this was a reschedule of a cruise in Sept out of New Orleans.   Really hope it doesn't have to get rescheduled for a 3rd time.  

Have any Sunrise cruisers, who were out of Fort Lauderdale later this year and are now out of Miami, heard from Carnival yet? I realize the Carnival email said they hope to have changes made by August 23 but wondering if anything is out there as of today.

Edited by cellfree

Today I got a “late payment notice” even though PVP extended my final payment until August 25. I am assuming it was computer generated. Although it did have a new date of November 2 (original date October 31) on it. But no other info.

Checked this morning, 8-21 and change is completed.

Original Cruise:

Sunrise from Port Everglades 2-25-2021 4 night, stops at Princess Cay and Nassau

Revised Cruise:

Sunrise from Port Miami 2-18-2021 4 night, stops at Key West and Cozumel.

Our suite is the same, as is everything else.

Don't see the $100 per cabin credit yet, but I'm sure it will show when I get written confirmation.

We are actually OK with the changes to KW and COZ, and since we are both retired the date change is OK too.

Not happy having to drive to Miami, so we may leave the car in Ft Lauderdale and Uber down to Miami, or WPB, (we live in St Lucie County) and take TriRail or Virgin (Brightline) down.

Mine  showed up this morning too. Was 5 day from FLL, stops in Princess Cays, Grand Turk and Nassau, departing on 10/31 (we've been at sea on Halloween before, lots of fun)

Now:  5 day from Miami, stops in Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk, departing on 11/02.  

I wish we were still boarding in FLL, the drive is so much easier from SW Florida, but we'll deal with it.  We're retired, so date changes are fine with us - kind of glad to be gone during and right after the election (we'll vote early). 

Still have fingers crossed that we actually sail. 

We received our change in itinerary as well.  From 1/18/21 to 1/16/21 and now going to Grand Turk and Amber Cove.  I have no issue with the itinerary change (as Grand Turk is one of our favorite stops) however I do have an issue with the fact our room is not the same as originally assigned like the email stated it would be.  We’ll have to call to get that straightened out.

I too wish it was still Port Everglades. But glad a private island still on itinerary. We were October 31 and now November 2. Our $100 OBC is showing on updated PVP emailed me. Cabin same. Whew! Will pay balance and see what we hear between now and then. 

So we can’t get our original room.  Apparently they combined 2 original sailings (the 1/9/21 and the 1/18/21 ones) and it appears the 1/9/21 guests received priority when it came to getting the original cabins assignments.  Not at all happy about it; glad we have until 9/30 to make a final decision about going.

Got our change and not happy.. we don’t mind the port or itinerary changed, but we booked a NYE CRUISE and they changed the sail date to Christmas Eve. Unfortunately we can’t do a Christmas Eve cruise this year, and have no idea what happen to the NYE sailing? Just ready to back at sea..