Where was I?

1 hour ago, qbay46 said:

Bingo,went looking for sapphires there, was easier to go buy them from the miners shop.

Your turn

I once went to a gold fossicking historic site, spent four hours with a pan up and down a stream.

Managed to find three pieces of gold, specks really, had to put them in a vial full of water to magnify them so you could see them.😡

Much easier to just buy a small mini nugget.🤣

17 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

I once went to a gold fossicking historic site, spent four hours with a pan up and down a stream.

Managed to find three pieces of gold, specks really, had to put them in a vial full of water to magnify them so you could see them.😡

Much easier to just buy a small mini nugget.🤣

Yep spend a few hours digging holes, sieving dirt, walking through the scrub getting a sore back, said to the wife stuff this lets go back buy a few stones form shop and go have counter lunch and a few beers.

😁🍺

• Haha 1

I went fossicking for gold once and they asked me to leave or they would call security. Not sure if you know the place but It was called Michael Hill, surely that meant I could fossick there.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I went fossicking for gold once and they asked me to leave or they would call security. Not sure if you know the place but It was called Michael Hill, surely that meant I could fossick there.

When they tossed you out, did go Proud?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

As long as you take your credit card you would have no trouble walking out with something and no back ache.

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hicks Bay, East Cape

PS, NZ gladly accepting donations to improve its infrastructure 💰 

Yes

I spent time there, took photos of it from many angles, loved its textures, angles, colours, lights & darks. And yes it does need some safety work to keep it useable.

Pier1.thumb.JPG.2044d250b9f7717087d8c475a2e77a3d.JPG

It was a very important pier in its day.

Your go.

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes

I spent time there, took photos of it from many angles, loved its textures, angles, colours, lights & darks. And yes it does need some safety work to keep it useable.

Pier1.thumb.JPG.2044d250b9f7717087d8c475a2e77a3d.JPG

It was a very important pier in its day.

Your go.

Thank you, we did a road trip around East Cape, a little out of the way, but we'll worth visiting.

Where was I here?

20240728_084942.jpg

33 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thank you, we did a road trip around East Cape, a little out of the way, but we'll worth visiting.

Where was I here?

20240728_084942.jpg

As I can see a koala, in Australia, are they Chocolate or pottery?

If Choc the Chocolate factory in Margaret River?

37 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Yes we did to, and yes off the normal tourist track.

Assumed it was named after prominent local, but some of the locals were a bit hill billy.😊

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

As I can see a koala, in Australia, are they Chocolate or pottery?

If Choc the Chocolate factory in Margaret River?

Chocolate? In my dreams, yummm 😋. Sadly not chocolate, nor pottery, and not in Australia.