Cancelling a February cruise

EM35

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I'm with you,it was rude.

Thank you. Now about that February cruise. On our way back from that foreign Cornwall yesterday, Marco Polo was still at Avonmouth docks. February on Iona looks attractive, but I don't think we will be booking it till.........Chwefror🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thank you. Now about that February cruise. On our way back from that foreign Cornwall yesterday, Marco Polo was still at Avonmouth docks. February on Iona looks attractive, but I don't think we will be booking it till.........Chwefror🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Booking in February if possible sounds like a good idea.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, EM35 said:

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help. I, like I'm sure many people, have a cruise booked on Iona in February. As I have only paid the deposit, the remainder of the payment is due on the 18th November because this is so soon after the restart (not that I think they will restart then) I have decided not to go. Do I need to contact P&O, which is almost impossible, or just not pay the final balance? 

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks 

Hi, I spoke with P&O yesterday about our December cruise. We're to pay the final balance in a couple of weeks, although we have already decided that we are not going. P&O say that if you do not want to go, you can transfer the full deposit to another cruise next year sometime; if we don't pay the balance, and haven't transferred the deposit, we will lose out (unless of course P&O cancel the cruise). If I was you, I would wait until nearer 18th November until you decide what to do. 

I feel I must say something in defence of P&O. In early March, we decided we were not going on our 7th May cruise, for which we had paid the full balance. We were cancelling due to COVID-19 and resolved to lose 50% of the monies paid, as we didn't fancy catching it nor having to isolate for weeks on end. However, 6 days after we cancelled, P&O contacted us to say that they were placing the 50% that we had forfeited into FCC for  us, and we could spend it on any cruise up to March 2022. Very generous, we thought. I managed to speak with P&O twice yesterday and got straight through each time. Maybe I was just lucky. 

• Like 2

Well it seems I have a resolution must quicker than I was expecting. In one way I am glad to have not lost my deposit but it does worry me how P&O and others are going to weather this storm with nearly a year (and that is at the moment) of no cruising. Incredibly, share prices don't seem to have been as affected as I would expect today but I suppose there is still time. But most important a sad and worrying time for all the staff affected further by these cancellations. 

• Like 5