Favorite Ensenda Activities/Tours

mkcurran

Just booked for the far off future and was looking at the tours. My husband doesn't like fish or shrimp tacos, can you get Carne instead on the tours?

Otherwise I don't know what we plan on doing, so what is everybody's favorite tours and activities to do while in town?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, scottca075 said:

How long are you in port for? I'd probably do a wine country tour.

Another vote for visiting the Valle de Guadalupe! 

In addition to wine, there are some really good restaurants that go above and beyond tacos!  Here is list to get you started -

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-valle-de-guadalupe-restaurants-mexico

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, mkcurran said:

8-5 I believe

If the ship offers a wine country tour, that would be my top pick. If you haven't been in the Valle De Guadalupe before it is worth the visit and you might even see some places you'd like to visit for a weekend trip from Yuma.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If the ship offers a wine country tour, that would be my top pick. If you haven't been in the Valle De Guadalupe before it is worth the visit and you might even see some places you'd like to visit for a weekend trip from Yuma.

The wine itself wouldn't excite us, but beautiful countryside would. I'll keep this in mind.

9 hours ago, mkcurran said:

The wine itself wouldn't excite us, but beautiful countryside would. I'll keep this in mind.

Don't forget the food! 

A really nice road trip is to cross in Mexicali and first drive to San Felipe.  You can then cross the mountains over into Valle de Guadalupe.  If you want, spend another day in Ensenada and then drive back via Rosarito Beach to cross back into the US in San Ysidro or Otay Mesa for the trip home.  It's more than a weekend, but it's a great trip!

On second thought, go the other direction unless you have SENTRI / Global Entry for yourself and car. Crossing times at the main San Diego points of entry can be a bear at times with multi-hour waits!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SelectSys said:

Don't forget the food! 

A really nice road trip is to cross in Mexicali and first drive to San Felipe.  You can then cross the mountains over into Valle de Guadalupe.  If you want, spend another day in Ensenada and then drive back via Rosarito Beach to cross back into the US in San Ysidro or Otay Mesa for the trip home.  It's more than a weekend, but it's a great trip!

On second thought, go the other direction unless you have SENTRI / Global Entry for yourself and car. Crossing times at the main San Diego points of entry can be a bear at times with multi-hour waits!

Most of us in the know from Yuma actually cross at Tecate if we are going down to Ensenada. Much easier crossing with out the lines.

• Like 1