First Access to Stateroom no Longer for Diamond or Platinum Guests?

Nvr2old2cruise

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

To be clear: (Presidents and candidates always love to say that) 😊

I don't recall early cabin access ever being a LISTED perk. I just remember doing it many years ahead of the FTTF program, however. I remember guests standing in front of the DO NOT ENTER UNTIL 1:30 sign on the doors blocking the hallways (companion ways in sailor talk 😏). I just snaked my way through them and went through the doors and my cabin was ready. Sometimes the stewards had even put my luggage on the bed for me.😊

Thank you.  I have always acknowledged early access has long been granted to platinum cruisers.  The specific question asked by the OP regarded whether listed perks for Platinum level had recently changed.  My response was to inform the OP that it has never been on the published list of perks for Platinum.

I remember the published list of FTTF benefits was changed maybe 18-24 months ago.  The language specifically stating each benefit already applied to Platinum level cruisers was changed.  That change is what caused a long thread here.

Happy sailing to you when we finally get to sail again.

There are members of my family that are both Platinum and Diamond cruisers. None of us set out to be awarded any perks when we began cruising. We paid for a family vacation and anticipated having fun in return. That's what we have been able to experience through cruising. To us it's not about the magical perks, lining up first or getting to the cabin first, it's about again seeing the "complete joy" of a young family with kids "totally blown away" by their first cruise adventure.   

The smiles on their faces are priceless and worth more all the "free drinks" I could ever imagine. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

There are members of my family that are both Platinum and Diamond cruisers. None of us set out to be awarded any perks when we began cruising. We paid for a family vacation and anticipated having fun in return. That's what we have been able to experience through cruising. To us it's not about the magical perks, lining up first or getting to the cabin first, it's about again seeing the "complete joy" of a young family with kids "totally blown away" by their first cruise adventure.   

The smiles on their faces are priceless and worth more all the "free drinks" I could ever imagine. 

Exactly. I hardly use my perks. Early boarding and occasionally the free laundry are the only two I really use. Used to use the free poker tournament entry, but that is gone now. I just recently realized I get a free drink in a dining room for breakfast aboard the ship !

My first Platinum cruise I wasn't even aware of my status. The lady I was cruising with I had met at a solo table on a previous cruise and we decided to cruise together sharing a cabin. She marched me down to the purser and ask them to check. The purser came back with a Platinum card and apologized up and down for Carnival. Later that evening an officer came to our cabin with a bottle of wine and apologized again. Ahhhh, the good ole days ! 😊

4 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Exactly. I hardly use my perks. Early boarding and occasionally the free laundry are the only two I really use. Used to use the free poker tournament entry, but that is gone now. I just recently realized I get a free drink in a dining room for breakfast aboard the ship !

My first Platinum cruise I wasn't even aware of my status. The lady I was cruising with I had met at a solo table on a previous cruise and we decided to cruise together sharing a cabin. She marched me down to the purser and ask them to check. The purser came back with a Platinum card and apologized up and down for Carnival. Later that evening an officer came to our cabin with a bottle of wine and apologized again. Ahhhh, the good ole days ! 😊

With so many people unable to Cruise due to life occurrences, I am just Thankful and Blessed to be able to be onboard a ship. My family actually adopted a Church family one Christmas and our gift to them was a "Family Cruise" with my family. Again there are no perks and/or words to replace the joy we saw in those faces. So we have all earned the "perks" but somehow I will trade those in for human laughter and every single time.   

That's my Platinum and Diamond Carnival Challenge; sponsor a new cruiser and let them begin their "perk" journey.