Live from MSC Grandiosa, Genoa, September 6-13, 2020

petra75

Hi Petra, like others I appreciate you taking the time to document your experiences. I know you only did a walking tour, but do you know how bus tours were handled? My specific questions has to do with capacity reductions. For example, if a tour on a bus normally had 50 people, did they reduce it to a smaller number (for example 25 people) to allow for social distancing?

Thanks, Bill

@petra75
 I think you did a great job with your report!

My first time on MSC - I like the Grandiosa and the service is fine - but am disappointed by the entertainment and the food is just plain terrible.

It is still nice to cruise and MSC doing a good job but will definitely not be my first choice once the competition picks up.

On 11/1/2020 at 10:10 PM, BillandChristy said:

My specific questions has to do with capacity reductions. For example, if a tour on a bus normally had 50 people, did they reduce it to a smaller number (for example 25 people) to allow for social distancing?

Hi! 

Yes, tours by bus take a maximum of 20-25 people now. As usual you can use every other seat unless you're members of the same family-reservation, even so you should be sure social distancing is respected.

We just arrived from an excursion by bus anyway, I'll describe it in one of the next posts of Costa Smeralda live. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petra75 said:

Hi! 

Yes, tours by bus take a maximum of 20-25 people now. As usual you can use every other seat unless you're members of the same family-reservation, even so you should be sure social distancing is respected.

We just arrived from an excursion by bus anyway, I'll describe it in one of the next posts of Costa Smeralda live. 

Thanks very much. Good to know how they handle that. 

Bill