Changing my cabin?

ellie&iain

Hi all,

We're booked on RCL Voyager transatlantic in May in a D2 forward cabin.

I've been watching the website and noticed that a D3 has become available which is in a more central position.

My hubby called our TA to change the cabin and they have said that there will be a cost of almost £100 to do so ($160ish).

I can't see how this can be correct - we are actually going down a grade!! She said that the prices had gone up this week so they could sell the D3 for more now but I don't see that it should matter - we are releasing a D2 that they could sell for the higher price too!!

Can anyone confirm if this is right? Or if i should call back and argue?

I've posted this in the main RCL forum too but I need to phone the TA back ASAP so thought I'd ask here too!

Many thanks

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

To my knowledge it doesn't work the way you would like it to. I do understand your logic but that is not the way it works.

The TA is going to charge the going rate. The problem comes in because you are changing categories. If you were staying in the same category there should be no additional charge. I know this doesn't seems fair or logical.

You can always call the TA and see if she can talk RCL into allowing it.

The best advice is to continue to watch the website to see if a D2 in a better location comes up. Several cabins start showing up as it gets close to final payment time. If you switch from a D2 to a D2, the rate will stay the same. It doesn't make sense if you are downgrading to charge you more, but the general rule is they charge the rate for that cabin on the day you switch, whether the price is higher or lower.

Thanks for that.

You are right, it's not the answer I wanted but that's life!

I wasn't wanting or expecting any reduction in the bill (the D2 and D3 are the same price) but it's not that much of an improvement to add more the the cost.

I guess we'll just stay put and I'll continue to watch the decks!

Thanks again.

Ellie

Archived