Covid cancellation/interuption due to shutdown?

kimanjo

I've been reading policy after policy, cannot find the answer.  Has anyone come across a policy that covers if you are traveling to another state, and your trip gets cancelled or interrupted because that state orders a lockdown, right before entering that state, or while in it.

I understand some are now including Covid medical if you contract it, but what happens if I travel to NY, for example, for a pre cruise stay of 3 days, and on day 1.5, NY issues no traveller, stay-at-home order?  Has anyone found one that covers that??  

8 hours ago, kimanjo said:

I've been reading policy after policy, cannot find the answer.  Has anyone come across a policy that covers if you are traveling to another state, and your trip gets cancelled or interrupted because that state orders a lockdown, right before entering that state, or while in it.

I understand some are now including Covid medical if you contract it, but what happens if I travel to NY, for example, for a pre cruise stay of 3 days, and on day 1.5, NY issues no traveller, stay-at-home order?  Has anyone found one that covers that??  

Hi kimanjo,

You will need a plan with both the Cancel & Interrupt For Any Reason coverage.

Steve Dasseos

3 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi kimanjo,

You will need a plan with both the Cancel & Interrupt For Any Reason coverage.

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve

Thanks!  That's what I thought.  Am past the CFAR purchase date, so I suspected there wasn't anything out there yet covering this "new" scenario.  

Airlines with their new refund/change policies was unexpected.  Maybe covering these types of things is something we'll see in the future.  I have to imagine things have to adjust/change/adapt if the travel industry wants people to start traveling again in 2121 if thats even possible.

K