Who has booked a new QE itinerary?/most recent renovation

Whirled Peas

Hello Fellow Cunarders.
This morning, I booked a 14-day Med cruise on Elizabeth. One of the new itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry. I hit send before I was ready and I don’t think I can edit from my phone. Anyway, I booked #Q129F - SouthHampton to Barcelona - Aug 30 - Sept 13. What have you booked?

And can anyone tell me when Elizabeth most recently was renovated and what that renovation entailed? Was it a wash and brush up or a large remastering?

Not gonna worry about the virus today. I just booked a fab cruise!

I am terrible at posting from my phone. Sorry for the missteps. I am curious about the date of her last renovation because I am looking for videos of the suite I purchased (7150 - a grand suite for my 65th birthday![emoji3]). All the videos are from 2014 or earlier. I seem to recall she might have had a renovation since that time? Does she look more like the queen Victoria now in terms of the aft suites?

• Like 1

There has been a refurb but nothing like the QV had.    It's more soft furnishings than anything else, so you won't be getting the darker interiors or layout changes that the Grand suites have on the QV. 

Thanks very much. This is exactly what I was wondering.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, Whirled Peas said:

.......... I am curious about the date of her last renovation because I am looking for videos of the suite I purchased (7150 - a grand suite for my 65th birthday!emoji3.png). All the videos are from 2014 or earlier. I seem to recall she might have had a renovation since that time? Does she look more like the queen Victoria now in terms of the aft suites

I am also very much interested as we have just booked 6213 (grand suite) for Q111N in March 2021

1 hour ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

You could perhaps ask Cunard on Twitter to confirm the latest refurb date? They are quite responsive in my experience. 

We know the date. There was a "major refurbishment" and dry dock was in Nov 2018 but all the videos of the QG suites I have been able to find are prior to this.

I have had the Charles Suite which is right below 7150  after the refurb , lovely Suite but it has not been refurbed , Warning take Earplugs' its the Nosiest cabin i have ever had & the Coffee Machine  for a Q1 is not up to standard , The Noise is caused by Cavitation , 

• Like 1