Fall 2020 Crossing on SD I

ctbjr1309

Sorry, not playing hard to get.  I won't be writing a review but very happy to respond to general or specific questions about the voyage.  I will start by saying that I arrived home safe, sound and uneventfully last night - without the need to consult either counsel or a bail bondsman.

Edited by ctbjr1309
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

How wonderful for you!   Now they have had to return to Barbados with a case of COVID and passengers are confined to their staterooms.   It’s passengers who believe they are above all quarantine and travel restrictions who have crippled the cruise industry.   If people would play by the rules we could have had this licked after 10 months but some people always believe they are the exception.

• Like 1

I am so amazed during this covid panic how many otherwise sane people think hiding under the bed will save them the rest of their lives.  This is an airborne virus.  You will get exposed some time, some where.  Just as every time you head to Kroger or Home Depot you are exposed to lots of things that could, under the right circumstances, kill you.  Pneumonia, tuberculosis, and others are prevalent in the world.  Just as with covid, normal healthy persons do not catch it every time they are exposed.  And just like covid everyone that does develop symptoms, most recover.  Out West we have this thing called Valley Fever.  Not a virus but a fungal spore in the ground.   Every time the wind stirs up dust we get exposed.  Valley Fever has a mortality rate very similar to covid.  Normal healthy people either don't contract it or recover.  Those with underlying issues can experience a death rate up to 70%.  So why no panic for all these other potentials?  This covid is not going to disappear but will be just one of the many things the human body can contract.  So, are we to live the rest of our lives like the last 6 months?  I certainly hope not.   And SeaDream appears to have taken every possible step to protect passengers and crew.  As far as I have found they have followed or exceeded any guidelines out there.  This just emphasizes the fact that testing is not a guarantee.  Exposure can and will happen anywhere.  Do the best you can to clean yourself and your environment but get on with life.  Unless I miss my bet you are surely going to die of something.  I can't find anywhere information of any King, President, Movie Star who have avoided death.  It is part of life on this rock.  Spending what time you have left in panic hiding mode is really not helping anyone.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1