Cruise Chatter Article

Pcardad

i hope that Regent's traditional high space to passenger ratio will fare well with the CDC so as to allow it to cruise much as is has in the past.  I am one who believes that avoiding crowded places is the best way to avoid Covid 19, as well as a bunch of other diseases. This is why we have preferred Regent well before anybody ever heard about Covid. The crowded conditions we have seen on mass market cruise ships are not only disease spreaders, but are also generally unpleasant environments. We have never been in a crowded environment on any of our Regent cruises. That is the main reson we have favored them for the past 20 years. 

From responsible reports, a Covid vaccine should be avilable to us old people by early 2021. There should also be a certificate issued for those who have taken it, and the certificate should be required for boarding. face masks may be required for some events like Captian's reception and the like, and that would be fine with most.

Common sense should prevail. In our town, restaurants are open, with table spacing, and masks are required therein except while seated. But when we see a crowd anywhere, even while wearing masks, we avoid it. We feel that crowds are the greatest disease spreader, and we have never encountered a crowd on any of our many Regent cruises. 

In spite of some of my posts warning about Regent's refunds and such that some may construe as negative, it is our great hope that Regent can sail again, much as in the past. In that case, we will book and cruise once more!

• Like 3