Credits for RCCL Stock?

skandls

Interline is discounts for airline employees or military or others such as that.

Although military retired may receive discounts which are virtually the same as Interline rates the other military categories (active, reserve, veterans) are not eligible for these specific ones.

Each cruise line has their own criteria for eligibility for what is called a Military Discount. This is not the same amount as interline rates. Some lines give it to all categories and some to none. Be aware, these rates are only for specified cruises on each line. Click here to see the breakdown of who gives what:

http://*****.com/military_discounts.cfm

Interline rates are not eligible for the stockholders' credit. I'm not sure if the Military Discount rates are eligible or not. My guess is no in most cases.

Although military retired may receive discounts which are virtually the same as Interline rates the other military categories (active, reserve, veterans) are not eligible for these specific ones.

Correction:

Add Active Duty, Active Reserve and Active National Guard to the Military Retired as eligible for these rates. Also parents of Active Duty and immediate family of all categories.

I just read on the official rccl site, linked by a poster above, that you needed to own these shares by 4/15/05 and make reservations by May 2006. This must have been designed as a benefit for past shareholders and not as an incentive for new investments???? Any thoughts/comments?

What has happened in the past is that the credits are for essentially one year and historically the Board of RCCL has renewed them on an annual basis. I suspect that they will continue to do this for a while, but no guarentees.

I just bought 100 shares last month and sent in my info for my upcoming spring break cruise. I received e-mail confirmation that my reservation number has been credited with the $100 credit. The April 2005 deadline is not in effect.

Just recently I emailed the required information to ShareholderBenefit@ rccl.com and got an email reply confirming the onboard credit in a day and a half. This is for a cruise in December with stock that was purchased this month.

We read previous threads about the credit and did some research. We found the information on RCCL's site: www.royalcaribbean.com - at the bottom of the home page is a link that says "our company". Following that link gets you to a page that has a tab for investor relations. That tab takes you to their corporate site with a hot link to "shareholder discount" which provides all the details. My husband then spoke with Linda Buchanan at RCCL corporate offices. We needed to send her proof of ownership of 100 shares of stock. We bought the stock and the next day faxed her our trading confirmation. She immediately applied $250 credit to our Celebrity March cruise (14 nights) and $100 credit to our Celebrity September cruise (7 nights). If we sign up for any more qualifying cruises soon we can just call her. After 3 or 4 months we will need to supply proof that we still own the stock to get the credit.

Linda also said that that this credit can be used in addition to any credit received from an onboard booking.

So, thank you cruisecritics for mentioning the credit - $350 is a nice stock dividend.

One slightly interesting thing is that on a $ credit per day basis, the 9-13 night cruises get the most (e.g. $200 on board credit awarded for a 10 day cruise yields $20/day). Shorter and longer cruises yield less unless you're on a rare 1 or 2 day cruise which still merits a $50 on board credit.

I am certainly not trying to be critical of the shareholder benefit! It's just this is how the math works out. I suppose one can argue that the more relevant ratio is the credit awarded versus the amount of stock owned.....

2 Gypsies said: "So, thank you cruisecritics for mentioning the credit - $350 is a nice stock dividend."

What's even nicer about this "stock dividend" is that you do not have to claim it on your US Federal tax return as a stock dividend. It's just a benefit of being a cruising stock holder. :) You will however have to claim the $0.15 per share stock dividend paid each quarter.

I have been a stock holder off and on for the past five years. I tend to buy on the "dips" and sell when the stock hits new highs. It's a great bonus to get the ship board credit!

By the way, cruise line stocks were downgraded today by wall street, so I might be a buyer soon.

Credit Suisse downgraded cruise companies Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL : Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

News , chart, profile, more

Last: 45.90-0.71-1.52%

8:14am 02/21/2006

Sponsored by:

and Carnival Corp (CCL : carnival corp paired ctf

Last: 53.55-0.40-0.74%

By the way, cruise line stocks were downgraded today by wall street, so I might be a buyer soon.

Credit Suisse downgraded cruise companies Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCL : Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Last: 45.90-0.71-1.52%

8:14am 02/21/2006

The Credit Suisse prior rating of 'outperform' was changed to 'neutral'. CS cited weakness in level of bookings and extra promotional costs.

Maybe the cruise consumers are balking at some of these firmer cabin rates this season plus the airfares are firmer with the high fuel prices. I had noted how X had Bermuda higher than last year generally, maybe due to tighter cabin supply with Horizon gone.

Archived