AFL Grand Final at The Gabba tickets

On 10/21/2020 at 10:43 AM, LC1950 said:

Thank you MMDown Under.  Appreciate your confidence.  Now I'm hoping that they play at the top of their game for you.  As my Dad would have said "Go Tigers!  Eat 'em alive"

Thanks for sharing your team with me.  It made the experience of watching the Grand Final so much more enjoyable.  My daughters even took a yellow and black ground blanket with them to the game.  We don't need long warm scarves here!

On 10/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, possum52 said:

I hope they enjoy the game Marion. It is rather exciting to go to an AFL GF. It will be so different this year being at the Gabba, with a crowd less than a third of the MCG and also it being at night.

Leigh

Yes, they enjoyed the experience thanks Leigh.  They had great seats.  Texted me photos of them in their rain gear before the game started. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Cut me some slack here ... I don't follow sport at all!  But we've been hit by a "not very close" family tornado 2 days ago.  DH's sister had a fall and broke a hip on Thursday.  Her husband has dementia ... quite far gone.  She was taken to hospital and we were the only people she could call on.  Consequently we've had to take her husband to stay with us because their children have moved as far away from them (!!!) as they could get ... we've never had experience with dementia type people and it's very hard for us and this couple have never been what you'd call 'close family'.  He is walking through the house all night, turning lights on and off and trying to open the front door to go wandering.  It's proving very difficult for us.  And it's gotten worse today.  Sorry to vent.

What a wonderful caring person you must be willing to take care of your BIL with dementia, whilst his wife is in hospital.  From what I've read people with dementia don't like change.  If it is too much for you, can you find respite care to help?

Agree a relaxing cruise would be good after this!

Edited by MMDown Under

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for sharing your team with me.  It made the experience of watching the Grand Final so much more enjoyable.  My daughters even took a yellow and black ground blanket with them to the game.  We don't need long warm scarves here!

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience and that the Tigers came through.  I suspect there will be a few sore heads this morning.   To me it felt quite odd to see the GF played under lights.  Wonder if others felt the same?

Oh and I think we've got the BIL sorted - gave him a large glass of wine with dinner last night LOL and he went to bed at a reasonable time and he's still sleeping so no midnight wanders happened here last night.  DH and I are doing OK, we were having a quiet giggle at the weird situation we've found ourselves in and the irony of it all.  Oh well, onward and upward.  Who knows what today will bring?

Thank you all for your understanding.  I've always said that when cruising you meet some wonderful people.   There's something special about us all, isn't there? 😉

24 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Oh and I think we've got the BIL sorted - gave him a large glass of wine with dinner last night LOL and he went to bed at a reasonable time and he's still sleeping so no midnight wanders happened here last night.  DH and I are doing OK, we were having a quiet giggle at the weird situation we've found ourselves in and the irony of it all.  Oh well, onward and upward.  Who knows what today will bring?

Thank you all for your understanding.  I've always said that when cruising you meet some wonderful people.   There's something special about us all, isn't there? 😉

Glad you got your BIL sorted or you'd need to drink more wine yourself to cope.  

(Reminds me - When we brought my grandmother home from hospital, she used to loudly yell out comments to the news on TV from her bedroom.  In desperation, we put her on a kitchen chair with wheels and wheeled her into the lounge.  Problem solved.  Where there is will there is a way!)