Yacht Club Members Only Private Sale

jumelle

We booked today. It’s not really 10% but rather two 5% discounts. Fare less 5%, then less a second 5%. 

For reference, we had this “offer” of a double alumni discount for a trip that didn’t happen this summer. It worked the same way. 

In case anyone is interested, the offer is combinable - the cruise we booked is on the current 7-for-7 list. We got that price less the double 5% discount. 

Well they certainly make it sound like the sale is something special. “Special pricing coupled with double discount “. Not really I guess. The cruise I booked back in May is now twice what we paid. Go figure?

2 hours ago, r&rd said:

does it apply to existing bookings or only new bookings?

I have a June 2022 booking - called and they applied it.  Of course, I incurred the normal administrative change fee of $50/pp which will be offset by a $50/pp credit.

I'm happy! 

We've gotten the Welcome Back or book-on-board discounts and they worked the same way. The price is discounted 5% and the result discounted another 5%. That produces a 9.75% discount, slightly less than a 10% double discount. 

I don't see any sign of "exclusive pricing" if that was supposed to indicate a lower price before discount to enhance this sale. 

The sale is shorter than their other sales. October 26 through Oct 30 when other sales are usually at least a week long. Doesn't give one much time. Even more so since they have bungled notification. Since it's a "private" yacht club sail, there's nothing on the website mentioning it. We haven't gotten an email about the sale and wouldn't know about it if it hadn't been mentioned here. I hope then will do better in future.

We booked a cruise on last week's 7-for-7. Our agent is checking to see if we can get this added on. If not, we are better off with the 7-for-7 price that ended last Thursday than with the current price discounted an extra 4.75%. The sale does straddle two 7-for-7 weeks giving extra chances to combine the discount. 

Contacted my TA just now to have that 5% applied. I'm not sure what they'll say because this one already shows the 5% Yacht Club discount and also 5% for Welcome home.

I just looked at the excursions options for our existing itin, and they are showing the full price and then a reduced price, in red. WS seems to have actually done something right!

Edited by milepig