Complimentary nightd

manc

We moved up to Discoverer Plus at the end of April 2019 after a b2b. We had 3 cruises booked for 2020/21 and as we started to decide where else we might want to book the pandemic arrived. Have we lost our chance tomusecthec6 free nights? Hotel groups have extended the date when points have to be used. What is the position with Azamara? Has anyone else looked into this? TIA

2 hours ago, manc said:

We moved up to Discoverer Plus at the end of April 2019 after a b2b. We had 3 cruises booked for 2020/21 and as we started to decide where else we might want to book the pandemic arrived. Have we lost our chance tomusecthec6 free nights? Hotel groups have extended the date when points have to be used. What is the position with Azamara? Has anyone else looked into this? TIA

I posted on my experience concerning the free nights on an earlier thread and in that thread LaurieB also posted on this matter.

We attained Discoverer Plus last February. As I understand the regulations, you have one year from that date to book your 6 nights.

We have done so, selecting a cruise in the summer of 2022. I believe Azamara has listed cruises up until the first months of 2023.

Our thought was that if cruising conditions didn’t allow us to utilize our choice, then there would be far greater problems for the cruise industry than honouring our change of status.

I believe LaurieB concurred with our assessment that procuring the 6 nights was very straightforward and easily done.

1 hour ago, manc said:

Thanks Phil.  I will report back. 

I have emailed them some days ago.  I just wondered if anyone else had a similar situation. 

Apologies for not focussing on the year 2019 in your post and the resultant irrelevancy of my reply.

My only defence is that. living in Covid semi-isolation I barely know what day it is, let alone the month.

Apparently, the problem is expanding to the year we are in as well 😄.

• Like 1

No problem.

In Manchester UK we have been unable to see family in homes or gardens since July and due to age and health we are only leaving home to exercise. 

Stay safe Nordski. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

We moved up to Discoverer Plus after an April '18 cruise. We booked a B2B in the Middle East for March/April of this year - used the 6 free nights on the first part. Both were cancelled, of course. Azamara let us use the 6 free nights on a Greece cruise next July. But we were told if we were to change it, it has expired and we'd lose it. Now if this July cruise were to be cancelled (hope not!), I don't know what Azamara would do. Hopefully they'd let us roll it over to another cruise, as THEY did the cancelling.

Edited by gnld
mixed up Greece cruise for Italy cruise! my bad
  • Like 1