Royal cancel cruise how long can I transfer refund to another cruise as FCC

thepla

I have two cruises coming up on Royal. Both were through a group fare via my TA. Both have refundable Deposits.

Now my question.

One is for March, I'd assume not likely going but let's be realistic it could. Final Payment for my one in June is a few days after cruise date on March cruise. If Royal cancels March one close to cruise date hence I  made final payment can I transfer cruise value to June or do I have to wait several months for FCC to show up and need to book another cruise.

I am asking because if it will not be available I probably will cancel March cruise prior to December final and put refund back to Credit Card.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, thepla said:

I have two cruises coming up on Royal. Both were through a group fare via my TA. Both have refundable Deposits.

Now my question.

One is for March, I'd assume not likely going but let's be realistic it could. Final Payment for my one in June is a few days after cruise date on March cruise. If Royal cancels March one close to cruise date hence I  made final payment can I transfer cruise value to June or do I have to wait several months for FCC to show up and need to book another cruise.

I am asking because if it will not be available I probably will cancel March cruise prior to December final and put refund back to Credit Card.

Thanks

Once Royal cancels the cruise you can no longer transfer funds to a different cruise.  You either take a refund, take the FCC or do a lift and shift if that option is still available. 

you can book a new cruise without a deposit and Royal will hold it for you until your FCC is issued. You need to call to do this.  The last several rounds of cancellations have all seen FCC’s issued in under 30 days with a few exceptions. 

I just booked a cruise for November 2021 after Royal cancelled my March 2022 cruise I not they can access my future cruise credit which they say will take 45 days, last time they said 30 days and it took five months. They would not hold booking I had to pay $400 deposit. 

19 minutes ago, wotaripper said:

I just booked a cruise for November 2021 after Royal cancelled my March 2022 cruise I not they can access my future cruise credit which they say will take 45 days, last time they said 30 days and it took five months. They would not hold booking I had to pay $400 deposit. 

Sounds like you unfortunately got a rep that wasn’t up to speed on some of the policy changes.  I have had several reservations that have been held without a deposit for 45 days while waiting for a FCC to come in.  Just had a FCC show up yesterday for a reservation that I made at the beginning of October without a deposit. 

FYI:  I cancelled a booking and received confirmation of same advising FCC would be received in 30 days.  I noticed the booking remained in my upcoming cruises in my online account and after waiting 40 days I called.  RCCL advised they had no record of my cancellation and they weren't even aware it could be done on line!!  In the future I will be following up. 

6 minutes ago, lovelife said:

FYI:  I cancelled a booking and received confirmation of same advising FCC would be received in 30 days.  I noticed the booking remained in my upcoming cruises in my online account and after waiting 40 days I called.  RCCL advised they had no record of my cancellation and they weren't even aware it could be done on line!!  In the future I will be following up. 

When you use the on line tool the agents do not see it.  using the on line tool only adds your name to a list for someone to look at when they work their way through the list to your name.  It does not add any notations to the booking.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When you use the on line tool the agents do not see it.  using the on line tool only adds your name to a list for someone to look at when they work their way through the list to your name.  It does not add any notations to the booking.

I just called to follow up on two more that were cancelled on line 11/3 and the refunds are already back on my credit card effective 11/13.