Scared...But Booked - Oasis - October 24, 2021

Nessa1dc

I haven't replied to any Cruise Critic comments in quite some time, but I have to agree with the previous poster...in at least 2 recent news articles, Biden said (emphatically): "No lockdowns."

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-national-shutdown-lockdown-says-he-wont-shut-down-2020-11

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-19/biden-says-he-will-not-order-national-lockdown-to-fight-virus

Edited by sushitex
links needed
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 1:41 AM, firekapy said:

Are you serious?  Our government can afford to pay everyone and all business for two months. Where do you think that money is going to come from?  Hey let’s destroy our economy and raise the debt so our kids are penniless. Nice!

The same place they get it from for Tax Breaks for the wealthy, walls, allowing Billionaires (so called) to pay $750 in taxes for 20 years...that's where you get it, etc....but truly...that is old news.

I booked my cruise...I'm awaiting to see how the vaccine goes, and I'm excited to finally see the country going in a healthier direction.  

And you don't have to question my seriousness....I'm VERY serious.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:06 PM, Mikew0805 said:

The "new guy" WILL get in.. and no he never said that. I swear people are nuts with conspiracy theories and mis-information.

Mike....haven't seen you in awhile....I know your ready to cruise again.  Hope all is well.  I have taken alot of advice from your post....always good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Mike....haven't seen you in awhile....I know your ready to cruise again.  Hope all is well.  I have taken alot of advice from your post....always good.

It's hard to be on here with nothing fun to talk/read about. Covid related threads & guesses about what the cruise lines will do next only goes so far. I am certainly ready to cruise again when it is safe. Hope all is well with you too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Oh and the Oasis is great. I sailed her Dec 1, 2019 and she looked great after the refurb. I can honestly say I like her better than any of the other Oasis class sisters. Aqua 80's was awesome, and the BBQ restaurant was fantastic! Now... if they would just get rid of CATS. 🤣

On 12/2/2020 at 8:52 AM, dssking said:

If you do NOTHING, the survival rate is 99.97%. 

That's an enormous over-generalization. First off, there's a huge facility rate discrepancy between children and the elderly. Secondly, comorbid medical conditions such as diabetes can substantially raise risk. Thirdly, if you're young, healthy and lucky, that's nice...but not so much for the elder in line at the grocery store you spread it to when you don't even know you're sick. And infectiousness is present before symptom onset in many people. 

Men are higher risk, obese people are higher risk, elders are higher risk, there's a lot going on here.

Some survivors have chronic symptoms for an extended time. Some have evidence of heart inflammation or serious lung damage. 

If we hired a sociopathic insurance actuary to review the evidence and run the numbers in terms of risk of serious harm or death from a vaccine vs. COVID-19 itself, I expect the risks of catching COVID-19 and suffering substantial harm far outweighs the risks of getting the vaccine. 

I work in health care and get lots of medical organization e-mails. 

So, for reasons that aren't driven simply by what the President said, mainstream media, whichever political aisle one sits on, etc...I want to get the COVID-19 vaccine as fast as I can without running over anybody. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Oh and the Oasis is great. I sailed her Dec 1, 2019 and she looked great after the refurb. I can honestly say I like her better than any of the other Oasis class sisters. Aqua 80's was awesome, and the BBQ restaurant was fantastic! Now... if they would just get rid of CATS. 🤣

BBQ Restaurant....didn't know that one....wow.  I'm interested to see how they will handle the Buffet...that was our go-to....

We did Allure in 2011 (seems like forever).  The Mega Ships are not my favorite class, but the deal was simply to good to give up.  I'm a Freedom Class fanatic.  Do you remember the name of the BBQ Restaurant...was it good?

22 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

BBQ Restaurant....didn't know that one....wow.  I'm interested to see how they will handle the Buffet...that was our go-to....

We did Allure in 2011 (seems like forever).  The Mega Ships are not my favorite class, but the deal was simply to good to give up.  I'm a Freedom Class fanatic.  Do you remember the name of the BBQ Restaurant...was it good?

Port Side BBQ. The picture is what I had.. It think it was around $13 for dinner. It was really good.. especially the burnt ends.

IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.ab4634440ca9c6d94d3b11791b420e4a.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Port Side BBQ. The picture is what I had.. It think it was around $13 for dinner. It was really good.. especially the burnt ends.

Amazing....will have to try that out.  Do you know how the lines and if there were any costs for the escape room, laser tag?  Are adults welcomed on the slides?  Is there a weight limitation?  Any other fun activities...oh, and do you have to sign up for shows, etc.?