PG REFURB?

DISNEY GIRL

I didn't realize the on board crew would do that much work while underway, although it does make sense. Certainly the teak work and decks could be done underway. But I don't imagine them getting new furniture until they arrived in Singapore. I guess rip out the old on the way there, and install the new on the way back. Let's at least hope so anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an this morning from Paul Gauguin, showing new stateroom. New chairs, sofas, linens, lights all look really nice. No mention of bathroom renovation, which I felt was really needed. A couple of images of Le Palette. Only images of the fabrics used in the restaurants and other public areas that I can find. Hopefully more images will be available soon.

https://www.pgcruises.com/renovations?utm_source=PGCConsumer&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=DryDockAnnounce/?ra_ref=pg1978

On 3/17/2021 at 4:19 PM, MrRandal said:

I received an this morning from Paul Gauguin, showing new stateroom. New chairs, sofas, linens, lights all look really nice. No mention of bathroom renovation, which I felt was really needed. A couple of images of Le Palette. Only images of the fabrics used in the restaurants and other public areas that I can find. Hopefully more images will be available soon.

https://www.pgcruises.com/renovations?utm_source=PGCConsumer&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=DryDockAnnounce/?ra_ref=pg1978

It doesn't look like the Ponant Le Soleal which is what I was worried about. Still seems to have the PG feel. New carpets are always a plus. Hoping the third time's the charm since we've had both our Fiji to Bali cruise, and our reschedule to the reunion cruise in January 2021 cancelled. Hoping December is a go since all of our other cruises that were scheduled this year have needed to be postponed to next year (and one of those was already rescheduled from May 2020 to May 2021 to May 2022, and was paid in full in October 2018 for a 5 percent discount).

• 2 months later...

I just saw on the Paul Gauguin website that they have updated the pictures of the staterooms to show the new décor. It looks good.  We are scheduled to go on February 19, 2022.  Coming from Canada.  Hopefully by our departure date it will be easier to get there.

• Like 1

It's too bright and white for my taste in a place where it's very warm The previous decor of the cabins was much better for a tropical place. But based on the decor of Ponant ships,  it is what I expected.

But my bigger problem is that after having PG cancel my cruise twice, newcomers can book the cruise for nearly 5K less than what we paid for a Veranda B cabin on this cruise. The FCC that we were given for the cruise they cancelled didn't give us as good a deal on  this cruise as new bookings. Screwed 3 times by Ponant. Not happening again.

I think it looks bright, airy and fantastic … Pinang is doing all the right things to cater to the customers. Including WiFi, laundry for Admiral Status and a nice discount and OBC. I’m stoked for my 4 December cruise.

22 hours ago, rbsb said:

I think it looks bright, airy and fantastic … Pinang is doing all the right things to cater to the customers. Including WiFi, laundry for Admiral Status and a nice discount and OBC. I’m stoked for my 4 December cruise.

Pinanq? I guess you're a previous Ponant customer since there hasn't been any Admiral status on Paul Gauguin in the past? We've paid for WiFi on our previous cruises on the Paul Gauguin and it was spotty at best. Making it available for anyone for free is going to make it unusable. Hope you're ready for that in your bright and airy cabin. And remember that if you want your AC to work (as well as everyone else's on board) you'll need to keep your balcony door closed. It's normally pretty warm and humid in December and that's not air that we want in our cabins.