Flora Question

RSLeesburg

I was looking to price out a cruise on Flora, and noticed that no matter what dates I picked, there did not seem to be any rooms available that would accommodate 3 people.  I was just curious - what is the standard double occupancy rate for this ship?  I know they only carry 96 passengers, so wondered if the hit this upper limit fairly quickly.  When I searched for 2p, I found rooms no problem.  

Howdy @RSLeesburg! emo22.gif

There is a thread on the Celebrity Flora Roll Calls forum titled Recently returned on Flora. It is for Cruise Critic members that have sailed on the Flora to communicate their experiences, post pics and answer questions. Perhaps someone there will be able to give you more information regarding cabin occupancy.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

9 hours ago, RSLeesburg said:

I was looking to price out a cruise on Flora, and noticed that no matter what dates I picked, there did not seem to be any rooms available that would accommodate 3 people.  I was just curious - what is the standard double occupancy rate for this ship?  I know they only carry 96 passengers, so wondered if the hit this upper limit fairly quickly.  When I searched for 2p, I found rooms no problem.  

We are booked on Flora this coming July. One of the things we uncovered in our research is that the government of Ecuador does not allow them to have more than 100 guests on Flora due to the limitations of the Galapagos. This means that if you have three in a stateroom, you would have 101 guests and that would mean that they would then have to have a single to compensate. Because of this law, you can not have three people to a stateroom on Flora. As was mentioned they do have adjoining staterooms but you have to pay for four people, even if you only have three.

And that thread that Host Kat mentioned is outstanding. We are on there and have gotten so much info. 

Jim

Just now, DrKoob said:

We are booked on Flora this coming July. One of the things we uncovered in our research is that the government of Ecuador does not allow them to have more than 100 guests on Flora due to the limitations of the Galapagos. This means that since they have 50 staterooms/suites, if you have three in a stateroom, you would have 101 guests and that would mean that they would then have to have a single to compensate. Because of this law, you can not have three people to a stateroom on Flora. As was mentioned they do have adjoining staterooms but you have to pay for four people, even if you only have three.

And that thread that Host Kat mentioned is outstanding. We are on there and have gotten so much info. 

Jim

23 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Per the deck plans, there are no cabins for more than 2 on Flora, although there are connecting cabins.  EM

Are you sure - I could have sworn that when I was looking at the suites, they stated that the cabins could accommodate up to 4 passengers.  We are just three people - my wife, myself, and our 11 y/o son, so we normally just book one of the suites.  I wonder if they have connecting Royal Suites.  I will need to check.  Thanks for the information. 

17 hours ago, DrKoob said:

We are booked on Flora this coming July. One of the things we uncovered in our research is that the government of Ecuador does not allow them to have more than 100 guests on Flora due to the limitations of the Galapagos. This means that if you have three in a stateroom, you would have 101 guests and that would mean that they would then have to have a single to compensate. Because of this law, you can not have three people to a stateroom on Flora. As was mentioned they do have adjoining staterooms but you have to pay for four people, even if you only have three.

Jim

Thanks Jim.  That helps clear things up!   I have just started to price things out - I noticed that they do have a Royal Suite that connects to a Sky Suite.  That might work for us.  My wife also wants to check out the other ships as they have longer cruise/tour options.  I assume they have the same restrictions, so will just price out two cabins for those too.