Carnival wants my 20 Cents

lazydayz

55 minutes ago, skridge said:

My point is the booking since March have been bookings that Carnival has known were not going to sail because of the constantly rising numbers of the virus.  I believe that the cruise industry has knowingly tried to get people to book cruises they knew with almost 100% certainty would not sail.  I know this is an unpopular opinion with the cruise at all costs and I don't care.

And i probably agree with you in part cause i have a cruise for march....do i think it will sail?? most likely not especially since its not even from one of the ports slated for the restart but i hold out hope like so many many do.  is it wrong to hope? i want to think not.  I am one of the most religious followers of protocol and health guidelines and just recieved my COVID positive results.  If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime.  So at the end of the day now i guess all i have is hope that it will end and we will sail again.  so i continue to book....and pray....and hope...this too shall end.😥😥

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kdr69 said:

And i probably agree with you in part cause i have a cruise for march....do i think it will sail?? most likely not especially since its not even from one of the ports slated for the restart but i hold out hope like so many many do.  is it wrong to hope? i want to think not.  I am one of the most religious followers of protocol and health guidelines and just recieved my COVID positive results.  If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime.  So at the end of the day now i guess all i have is hope that it will end and we will sail again.  so i continue to book....and pray....and hope...this too shall end.😥😥

I am sorry to hear about your positive Covid test.  I am just very frustrated with the cruise at all costs mentality on these boards and the shouting down of any realistic thoughts.  I am missing cruising more than anyone.  It started out for me 13 years ago as a way to decompress from being a parent.  Nowadays, it is a family vacation that has created some of the best memories I have with my kids.  I can't wait to book as soon as it is safe to do so.  Good luck with your fight with Covid.  I hope you have a great time on whatever cruise you book from your canceled cruise in March.  Cheers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Sending well wishes on a speedy recovery from COVID.  

• Like 1

Here's a story about a small bill. My friend was working for the local power company 40 years ago when a customer came in waving a cutoff notice that said her power would be cur off in 5 days if she didn't pay the balance shown on the enclosed bill. The bill amount was $0.00.

The clerk working the desk wanted her to write a check for $0.00 in order to clear up the account. The customer was enraged and confused by this request. Finally, she got hold of herself and told the clerk she preferred to pay it off in cash. Now the clerk was confused, but she gathered her wits about her and issued a receipt for the payment of $0.00.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, virginiab said:

Here's a story about a small bill. My friend was working for the local power company 40 years ago when a customer came in waving a cutoff notice that said her power would be cur off in 5 days if she didn't pay the balance shown on the enclosed bill. The bill amount was $0.00.

The clerk working the desk wanted her to write a check for $0.00 in order to clear up the account. The customer was enraged and confused by this request. Finally, she got hold of herself and told the clerk she preferred to pay it off in cash. Now the clerk was confused, but she gathered her wits about her and issued a receipt for the payment of $0.00.

That's a great story.  I have paid Carnival the 20 cents and was glad to get some laughs out of it.