Chances of cruises from Miami in March?

Encore37

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Short term both. I probably will be vaccinated but the cdc is unlikely to remove it pre boarding test protocols. And boarding and debarking. Cdc will err on the side of caution and controlling us. No one else has to follow what they say so they wouldnt lightly give up control.  They love their tv limelight time. Makes they feel so special. 

I think I will be vaccinated but it wouldnt be enough. Cdc order for testing extends to nov 1st. I have zero faith in the worrying about anyone but themselves and their own power to control. Personally I hate the cdc. If I saw them I'd want to spit in their faces. Hypocrites

Yup, the CDC does seem to be a bureaucracy that is out of control.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2020 at 8:45 PM, Encore37 said:

What do everyone think the chances of March cruises from Miami?  It looks like Carnival has started bring ships and crew back to the USA.  I’m hoping they can give a better answer shortly.

I believe the likely start for the most of the major lines will be in April, due to availability of the vaccines to the general public.

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Why cant they control anything else but cruises? How does this make sense. They are blah blah blah. 

They control cruises and not much else because they are a federal agency - their mandate is to stop diseases from entering the country.  In the US, most land-based health issues are state-run.  e.g. Florida has the power to demand what Disneyworld must do, not the CDC.

Another reason they focus on cruises is because the activity is purely recreational.  Flying and buses are all transportation services, and are therefore they are not as keen to shut them down.  I don't know whether the CDC has the actual power to deny flights from foreign origins, but I'm pretty sure if they did, they'd be overridden pretty fast by The Powers That Be.

So they are a federal agency designed to perform research and provide recommendations and guidance on most things, while having (real) control over very little.  Therefore, that which they control gets a lot of attention!

I don't like any more than you do. I'd really like to cruise.  I'd also like to not catch COVID-19 and pass it on to my elderly relatives and friends.  

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

They control cruises and not much else because they are a federal agency - their mandate is to stop diseases from entering the country.  In the US, most land-based health issues are state-run.  e.g. Florida has the power to demand what Disneyworld must do, not the CDC.

Another reason they focus on cruises is because the activity is purely recreational.  Flying and buses are all transportation services, and are therefore they are not as keen to shut them down.  I don't know whether the CDC has the actual power to deny flights from foreign origins, but I'm pretty sure if they did, they'd be overridden pretty fast by The Powers That Be.

So they are a federal agency designed to perform research and provide recommendations and guidance on most things, while having (real) control over very little.  Therefore, that which they control gets a lot of attention!

I don't like any more than you do. I'd really like to cruise.  I'd also like to not catch COVID-19 and pass it on to my elderly relatives and friends.  

Sorry big waste. Big brother. My pt was they control nothing else but cruising so they go overboard. You or I dont have to cruise if we dont want to. If cruises do the proper protocols they should be allowed. 

I get it some here are so happy to be controlled by the over reach of govt. Clearly it's also a power trip for them they wouldn't easily let go of. Nothing will ever be 100% safe. Bunch of hypocrites running the country and I dont trust a single one of them. I get it, always someone defending cdc. Sorry, blah blah blah some more. How many times have they been wrong? Over and over. They have no more credibility than you or me. Just have jobs where they love being in control and in the limelight.

Clearly let's say I'm vaccinated by april ...wanna bet if they will let cruises sail by then when I'm 95% safe, and have a covid test? I'm booked april 25th and willing to bet cruises havent restarted. I'll be cancelled. So if I'm vaccinated and still cant cruise, it's a bunch of nonsense to me. Govt over reach at its worst. Happy you are ok being controlled, I'm not.

• Like 2