Carnival Credit Card bonus Funpoints

Galatz

I don't see anyone else having written about this, but on my Carnival CC I had an offer that for the first $1,000 of purchases in November, December and January, I would get an extra 10 Funpoints per dollar. So in essence if I spent $1,000 I will get 11,000 Funpoints which I can use for $110, an 11% return which is crazy. Obviously this is even more if you have over 100,000 points and get $1,500 for redeeming the 100,000.

Did anyone else take advantage of this? How long did it take for the bonus points to hit? My statement closed yesterday and still have not gotten the bonus points.

20 hours ago, tree.critter said:

Checked mine, no offers for me except for balance transfers. Darn!

I have no offers at all, not even for balance transfers.  But we use our card pretty regularly and pay it off each month. I wonder if those point multiplier offers are for people who aren't using their card very much or usually carry a balance.  I'm sure Barclay's would like people to use their cards a little more in the hopes of earning money off the interest! 

• Like 2

image.png.c0c455b34b5e4b3457be525751b55f52.png

Energize your purchases — everything from takeout to everyday essentials, online shopping and more. Earn an additional 10X FunPoints for every $1 spent on eligible purchases on the first $1,000 spent each month with your Carnival™ Mastercard® from November 10, 2020 to January 31, 2021.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:54 AM, Heather1972 said:

Fine print says “All additional FunPoints earned will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.”

I usually use AMEX and Chase credit cards because they offer the best rewards. They also say 6-8 weeks but everything posts the day my statement closes. I guess Barclays uses all that time

On 12/27/2020 at 7:16 AM, iamsteph said:

I have no offers at all, not even for balance transfers.  But we use our card pretty regularly and pay it off each month. I wonder if those point multiplier offers are for people who aren't using their card very much or usually carry a balance.  I'm sure Barclay's would like people to use their cards a little more in the hopes of earning money off the interest! 

I rarely use my Carnival credit card. I suspect that's why they offered me the bonus points. 

Barclays offered this on their JetBlue and AA cards as well. From what I am seeing on credit card message boards people who use it often are getting those offers as well, but some are getting even better offers, like spend $3,000 and get 50,000 miles. 

• 1 month later...

I got the 50,000 offer on my AA card. I'm waiting to go on another carnival cruise, because the last time, the offer on the cruise was double the public offer. Then it was $100 statement credit for the public, and $200 credit when applying during the cruise. They've since upped the public offer, so I'm waiting to see if the onboard offer will be more.