Carnival Valor - Cheers

rangerdog

Good evening and Happy New Year!  Here's to hopefully sailing in 2021!!!

We just booked the Valor for November (my 4th time on the Valor....LOVE this ship!!!).  However, we've never purchased the Cheers package before and we will have the Cheers package on this cruise.  I have several questions and have tried "searching" for the answers and can't find my specific answers.

1.  The Valor sails from New Orleans and we've always cruised from Galveston.  With all our cruises being out of Galveston, I remember hearing the Cheers package didn't start till 8am the following morning after embarkation (the 2nd day).  When does the Cheers package start in New Orleans?

2.  Does the Valor have milkshakes at their coffee bar?  I've read the Cheers package covers milkshakes.  Can anyone let me know if this true?

3.  Does the Cheers package cover drinks/wine ordered in the dining rooms for meals AND in the steakhouse?

4.  Does the Cheers package cover the specialty coffee's with alcohol from the coffee bar?  

5.  For all those who've participated in the Cheers package, are there any other tips/suggestions you can give me about the Cheers package that I may need to know?  

Thanks for all your help!  I'm crossing my fingers we get to cruise in 2021 so I can reach my 25th milestone Carnival cruise!!  

https://www.carnival.com/help/1106

CHEERS! includes:

> All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations - PYOB) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20.00 USD or lower menu price, per serving

> Sodas (including specialty sodas), zero-proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices

> Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

> Milkshakes, where available

> Energy drinks

> 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges

> Packaged water in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants

> 25% discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20.00 USD, per serving

> 25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

> 25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! excludes:

> Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

> Bottles of liquor

> Beverages offered at the gangway

> Beverages offered through room service and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

> Beverages purchased off the ship at any port of call, including Princess Cays and Half Moon Cay

> Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

> Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines

> Freshly squeezed orange juice served in the Havana Bar

> All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

> Food items

Yes to each of your questions.  The alcoholic espresso/coffee based drinks do count against your 15 total alcoholic drinks per day.

Bottled water from your cabin as well as at the table embarking on a port day are NOT included and you will be charged.   Large bottles of San Pellegrino are included with dinner at the MDR or specialty restaurants, but only the smaller Perrier bottles are included elsewhere on the ship.

The best usage of the package is at the Alchemy Bar.

Once you reach your milestone cruise, you are eligible for  25% of the base price of a future cruise in OBC, so pick an expensive cruise to earn more OBC. 

Edited by SNJCruisers

In case you weren’t aware, tax will be applied on the drinks purchased while traveling down the Mississippi, and it’s a long trip. Lol. So you will get a bill for those. And yes, the spiked coffees are covered. I got mine from the coffee stand in the buffet area.