Booking Rate Code PB4

13cheermom

Anyone know if this booking code is a refundable rate?  There used to be a couple of different rates that were refundable, now not so sure based on the descriptions.  It seems as if there is only one that is still refundable and its the Fun Select (PNS).  Can anyone clarify this for me, lines are super busy today with all the cancellations, can't get through to ask anyone.  Thanks!

On 1/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, 13cheermom said:

Thanks so much for responding!  Can't believe that nobody else could answer this, lol.

Another option is to hook up with a good travel agent that has group space.  It's refundable and since it's normally held as soon as bookings open, there is a great chance of a discount or perks from the TA that would be cheaper than booking direct. You do lose control of your booking, but the savings could be worth it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, 13cheermom said:

Anyone know if this booking code is a refundable rate?  There used to be a couple of different rates that were refundable, now not so sure based on the descriptions.  It seems as if there is only one that is still refundable and its the Fun Select (PNS).  Can anyone clarify this for me, lines are super busy today with all the cancellations, can't get through to ask anyone.  Thanks!

PB4 is always refundable (at least it always has been).  These days it's the rate code that we use to give the most flexibility.  That being said, pretty much all promotions are off of ES rates and not refundable so you do give that up going with PB4 (plus typically it's a few dollars more than an ES rate).

17 hours ago, sarmat1 said:

PB4 is always refundable (at least it always has been).  These days it's the rate code that we use to give the most flexibility.  That being said, pretty much all promotions are off of ES rates and not refundable so you do give that up going with PB4 (plus typically it's a few dollars more than an ES rate).

Okay you totally confused me on this one.  First you said it's always refundable, then you state that it is not refundable when using code PB4.  Which one is it???

3 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Okay you totally confused me on this one.  First you said it's always refundable, then you state that it is not refundable when using code PB4.  Which one is it???

PB4 is refundable.  What I wrote was that "pretty much all promotions are off ES rates and are not refundable" meaning if you want to get any promotion, PB4 won't do the trick.  You use PB4 to get flexibility (particularly in the COVID era).  In return you give up promotions since all of those promotions are ES and not refundable.

1 hour ago, sarmat1 said:

PB4 is refundable.  What I wrote was that "pretty much all promotions are off ES rates and are not refundable" meaning if you want to get any promotion, PB4 won't do the trick.  You use PB4 to get flexibility (particularly in the COVID era).  In return you give up promotions since all of those promotions are ES and not refundable.

Okay thanks!  I went ahead and transferred my $500 deposit and FCC from a MG cruise cancelled today to a new booking for next year using the PB4 code.  Went very smoothly and also gained the $600 OBC offer and forfeited the original $200 OBC.  I did have to give up $50 toward FCC to gain the $600, but it is well worth it to gain another $400 OBC in the long game.  Just glad we hadn't made final payment yet, it made it so much easier not tying up more money.  Hopefully we will be back to sailing one day soon!