Application of FCC

shanni-shanni

It appears that there is a ceiling to the amount of FCC one can use on a future cruise.

When I rebooked a Japan reposition cruise for 2022, I can only pay for $ 60% of the cruise price with FCC, even though I have enough to pay for the whole price.

The other 40% has to be cash.

Tom

I suspect there is a percentage limit.  We just booked a B2B2B on the Noordam for 2022.  We had about $3400 FCC.  The TA used half of it on the first cruise and half on the second and none on the third.  We had to put a $1200. deposit on each cruise and the FCC could not be used for that.  Not a big deal, as we can cancel by November 2021 and by then we should know if it is a good idea to cruise in Asia in 2022.

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

I suspect there is a percentage limit.  We just booked a B2B2B on the Noordam for 2022.  We had about $3400 FCC.  The TA used half of it on the first cruise and half on the second and none on the third.  We had to put a $1200. deposit on each cruise and the FCC could not be used for that.  Not a big deal, as we can cancel by November 2021 and by then we should know if it is a good idea to cruise in Asia in 2022.

If there is a percentage limit, shouldn't HAL tell you the condition at the time when given the choice of refund or FCC?

Tom

Edited by shanni-shanni
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

If there is a percentage limit, shouldn't HAL tell you the condition at the time when given the choice of refund or FCC?

Tom

Agree!  The only consistent thing about HAL is their inconsistency.  It is frustrating at best.

• Like 1

I called HAL and got it all straighten out.

It is allowable to use your FCC to pay for the total amount of fare.

There were numerous HAL website glitches regarding my 'Account FCC' leading to false amount being posted on my computer.

Tom

• Like 2