What happens to FCC if NCL cancels cruise booked with FCC?

deweytrader

FCC expires in 3/2021 for a sailing by 12/31/2022, if I book a cruise for a date in late 2021 and that cruise is cancelled by NCL - what happens to the FCC?  Since it was applied to a cruise before the book by date - I assume they would return the FCC, but what would the new book by date be?

25 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The FCC will go back to your MyNcl account.  I had booked a cruise for this coming April, decided it wouldn't be a go for me, (no vaccine, no cruise) so I cancelled that cruise and have the FCC in my account ready to apply to my 2022 cruises. 

Was the book by date extended or did it revert back to original date?

I just checked my phone app and it clearly gives the dates as valid from: 3/16/20 -12/31/22.  The March date was the original date of cancellation so the new date on my PC did get updated, (Sorry about that).  

Looks to me like it's a non-issue.  I'd call NCL or your TA if you're concerned about losing your FCC, I doubt you will. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I just checked my phone app and it clearly gives the dates as valid from: 3/16/20 -12/31/22.  The March date was the original date of cancellation so the new date on my PC did get updated, (Sorry about that).  

Looks to me like it's a non-issue.  I'd call NCL or your TA if you're concerned about losing your FCC, I doubt you will. 

FYI - the dates on the app are often different that on the website.  Mine are different - my FCC says expiration of 6/30/21 on the website, but 12/31/22 on the app.  However, my FCC originally had a March expiration, then I had a cruise paid with that FCC cancelled, and when it was returned, it had an expiration of 6/30/21.  So at least for me, it appears they extended the expiration, at least a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1