All my booked cruises are now showing this?

Topdog52

16 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You are wrong as you have no idea what deal I got, you have made incorrect assumptions.

That's what people in the US do but we can't in the UK, we lose our deposit if we reprice a cruise as it's classed as a rebooking. I have cancelled and rebooked before when the deposit was only £50pp and the price drop made it worthwhile.
Normally I only book a bargain a long way out now.

Ahhh I usually book Carnival with price protection.

17 hours ago, Vyhanek said:

I can't imagine booking a cruise so far out like that.     Why would you do it?    Cruises won't sell out.   You don't get the best deals booking ridiculously early.   Now you don't know if they will even be going.   Why do people book any cruise so far out?

We always book far out and has worked out well for us. On our last cruise before covid we booked a rear penthouse suite on a jewel class ship. The ships were shifted around and we ended up on the Breakaway in a rear Haven one bedroom suite at no extra cost. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Ahhh I usually book Carnival with price protection.

Yes, take care with that one you will often see people people in this forum saying they reprice a cruise after a price drop, that is available in the US but not to us in the UK, we lose our deposit.

You can of course book via a US website/agent but I quite like the way NCL do our "free at see" for £99 including gratuities and of course the exchange rates.

Also if we take a cabin only without the "free at sea" perks, we can choose our cabin, I don't believe you can do that with a US booking and get a guarantee.

"6 of one, half a dozen of the other" as they say.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes, take care with that one you will often see people people in this forum saying they reprice a cruise after a price drop, that is available in the US but not to us in the UK, we lose our deposit.

You can of course book via a US website/agent but I quite like the way NCL do our "free at see" for £99 including gratuities and of course the exchange rates.

Also if we take a cabin only without the "free at sea" perks, we can choose our cabin, I don't believe you can do that with a US booking and get a guarantee.

"6 of one, half a dozen of the other" as they say.

TBH, way I see it is if I was happy enough with the price to book it, then I'm happy enough to pay it 🙂

• Like 2